038

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ SQUARE ONE. ࿐ྂ

everyone stared at the ceiling covered in blood, they were frozen from shock and the fear building up.

"so...what now?" jisoo looked teary eyed for the first time, realizing that lisa was indeed out of their grasps.

"it took her again, i can't believe we haven't been cautious enough." namjoon grumbled under his breath.

"no, it's no one's fault so don't blame yourselves. we did everything we could." chaeyoung said, looking around at the mess that happened.

"one last thing for us to do, is defeat that demon for once." yoongi looked down at the broken window, careful not to touch the glass shards.

"should we all go together? i can't stand seeing any of us getting hurt." jennie frowned.

"it's for the best, it started with us altogether, it needs to end with all of us together too." jungkook crossed his arms, feeling mad at the evil spirit that took their friend.

"so what's the plan? do we even have a head start? we need planning." hoseok looked glum, as he stared at the corpses of jiwon and seojoon.

"we don't even know where it all started." jimin sighed.

"but we have a trace." jisoo shot up. all of them looked at her, confused.

"what are you talking about?" taehyung questioned her.

"the carnival, it's where we got the doll. i say we go there." jisoo turned to them.

"that's right!" namjoon's eyes widened in realization.

they were startled at the sound of sirens, footsteps began to be heard in the hospital.

"we need to go, there are ambulances!" yoongi announced.

the group scrambled out of the room, silently saying their prayers while they ran out before anyone could see them. they immediately exited the hospital.

"we don't have a car! it's a long way!" jennie whimpered as she took deep breaths.

"did any of you bring money with you?" namjoon asked them.

jimin showed his wallet, they immediately headed for the road, hoping there were still taxis around at this time.

"there!"

they waved their arms as hard as they could, they wouldn't fit in a taxi so they looked for cars instead.

fortunately, the car stopped in front of them as the driver's seat's window rolled down, it showed a middle aged man who was confused.

"oh God, are you guys okay?" the man said, looking at their disheveled and tired features.

"we need a ride, badly." namjoon pleaded.

"get in!" the man unlocked the doors as they went inside, feeling the cold air conditioning dry up their sweaty bodies.

"what the hell happened to you guys?" the man asked, his eyes still on the dark road.

"we need to save a friend." jisoo replied, she didn't put anymore details to avoid questions.

"right, and where do you need to go?" the man questioned.

"the carnival," they all said in chorus.

"ooh, creepy. by the way," the man turned to them with a smile. "i'm jackson."

"nice to meet you jackson, we have no other time to introduce ourselves so we'll do it next time, so can you please speed up?" yoongi asked as politely as he could.

"yeah, yeah of course. it's understandable." jackson nodded as he turned back into the road, stepping on the gas pedal as the car began to bolt in speed.

a few minutes later, they were back in the carnival. it was still light as ever, but there were only fewer people unlike the time they were there.

they all went out of the car, smelling the sweet and warm scent of the carnival.

"do you guys need help with something? i don't wanna interfere but can i at least help a bit? you looked like you badly need it." jackson called out from the window.

"if we're not back in 30 minutes, call an ambulance!"

jackson gave them a thumbs up as he closed the windows, setting his timer on while he waited.

"a nice stranger, that's rare." taehyung mumbled as they kept walking on.

"so where do we need to find her?" jimin asked, looking around.

"to where exactly we got the doll." jungkook spoke.

they immediately ran around the carnival to where the hanging bars were on.

they arrived to where it once stood, it was now replaced by a circus tent, they all suddenly felt a cold feeling brush on them.

they looked at each other.

it was time.