023

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ DEDUCTION. ࿐ྂ

their dinner ended as they went on separate ways, they were thankful that lisa was finally back to normal, but they're still in doubt.

"i'm sure tae didn't bite himself, i mean, that's possible, but with all these shit happening, no." jimin shook his head.

"let's just wait for jiwon tomorrow, it's better if this case gets solved before anything worse happens, before every single one of us gets hurt." jisoo frowned as she played with lisa's bangs, the girl fast asleep on her lap.

"i think it's better if we help with the, uh, research. we can't always depend on jiwon." namjoon stated.

jisoo, namjoon, jimin, lisa, yoongi and seokjin were the only ones left, the rest had went to sleep due to exhaustion. jungkook and hoseok decided to stay with taehyung for the night.

"so, is it the doll's fault?" seokjin asked, cross-legged.

"we're not sure, in every movies we've seen, the doll is only some kind of anchor for the spirit, it may be the spirit haunting us." namjoon said.

"but this is not a movie, this is real life! we're not even sure what kind of creature is disturbing us, and why." jisoo sighed, careful on not waking up lisa with her loud voice.

"but that conjuring movie, it was true, wasn't it?" jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"yes, it is. we've got all the clues but we're still not sure about what we're facing. we've got the same doll, these hauntings and marks, even jiwon saw something." namjoon nodded.

"if we do try to connect the dots, and it leads us to nothing—" seokjin said, but was cut off by yoongi.

"i'm sure it'll lead us to something, hyung. and in order for us to be able to make it, we shouldn't leave any of every single detail." yoongi raised both of his eyebrows.

"but we're still not sure, i agree with your idea but the point is, we still don't have any information about that doll that may or may not be even harmful." seokjin massaged his temples.

"yes, we're not sure but we are certain—"

"shut up, boys. i've got something." jisoo said, they turned to her as she held her phone.

"annabelle is an allegedly haunted doll housed in the occult museum of the paranormal investigators ed and lorraine warren. a character based on the doll is a reoccurring antagonist in the conjuring universe." jisoo spoke.

"it's not like we didn't know that already." jimin scoffed.

"quiet!" jisoo hushed as she continued reading. "the real doll has been described as a normal raggedy ann doll, but was portrayed as a porcelain doll in the movies to show a scarier feature."

"what else?" namjoon asked as he stared off in the wall, thinking.

"according to the warrens, a student nurse was given the doll in 1970. they say the doll behaved strangely, and that a psychic medium told the student that the doll was inhabited by the spirit of a deceased girl named "annabelle". the student and her roommate tried to accept and nurture the spirit-possessed doll, but the doll reportedly exhibited malicious and frightening behavior." jisoo inhaled for a second due to lack of breath.

"it is informed by the warrens that the doll was now locked up in a box in their occult museum in monroe, connecticut." jisoo finished as she turned to the boys for feedback.

"but how was it here in korea, it couldn't have escaped and travelled?" yoongi asked.

"exactly what i was thinking, if it was locked up in a country that's hours away from here, how could it have gone here?" namjoon furrowed his eyebrows as he adjusted his glasses.

"unless," jimin's eyes widened as he pointed at them.

"unless what?" seokjin tilted his head.

"unless it indeed escaped and was taken here to korea, and the one in the museum was a fake!" jimin said, everyone's eyes widened at his outburst.

"you've got a point there, jimin. but there's also a possibility that the doll we have is another haunted doll, if we cross out the possibility of the annabelle doll being taken here to korea." jisoo squinted her eyes.

"both of you have got a point, now that we've got a few knowledge about this, we can ask jiwon tomorrow." namjoon nodded, his eyes lightening up.

"i do hope nothing bad happens tomorrow." jisoo scowled as she stared at lisa on her lap longingly.

"lisa and taehyung were already victimized, i wouldn't want all of us to be hurt." yoongi sighed.

"let's just hope for the best, and pray." namjoon leaned on his seat.

they sat there in silence, thinking about what might happen on the following day, until they heard a voice.

"i'm sorry."

they all turned and realized it was lisa who made the sound, but she was still sound asleep.

they four looked at each other, hearts thumping in fear and sadness.