022

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ THE MARKED ONE. ࿐ྂ

"guys, wake up! dinner's ready!" seokjin's voice boomed throughout the house. it's the benefit of not having soundproof walls.

"you shouldn't have woken me up, hyung. i've got a good sleep." jungkook yawned as he walked down the stairs.

jungkook and seokjin were still the ones who was seated in the dining room. the girls were next, thankful that they were able to sleep peacefully without any interruptions.

a minute later, hoseok, yoongi, namjoon and jimin came down, greeted them before seating in their respective seats.

"we're not going to start eating if someone's missing, where's taehyung?" seokjin gestured to the empty seat beside jimin.

"he's still not here? i thought he's awake, i heard noises from his room earlier." jimin frowned.

"maybe he's taking a bath, he usually takes a bath very late." hoseok shrugged, eager to eat seokjin's cooking.

"oh, i guess you can start eating. i'll just wait for tae." seokjin nodded at them as they gladly ate their food.

"chae." jimin whispered-yelled.

chaeyoung turned to jimin, her mouth full of food.

"why?" chaeyoung frowned, she obviously wanted to enjoy her food.

"how's lisa?" jimin spoke, quietly this time.

"i think she's fine, she was just quiet when we woke up." chaeyoung said, before shoving a sushi on her mouth.

"guys.."

they all turned to the doorway, and saw taehyung standing there, his lips pale as snow and he's breathing fast, gripping his arm.

"he's having a panic attack!" jimin immediately pushed his chair away before standing up and running to taehyung.

namjoon helped jimin lead taehyung to his seat and gave him a glass water. everyone stopped eating in worry.

taehyung gulped his glass of water in one go, jimin rubbing his back in comfort. taehyung inhaled and exhaled to relax himself.

"can you speak now, tae?" jisoo frowned.

taehyung breathed out before fidgeting with his sleeves.

"yes."

everyone sighed in relief, seeing taehyung's skin color go back to normal.

"what happened, tae?" seokjin furrowed his eyebrows.

"i went to sleep like all of you did, i didn't want to, but i ended up falling asleep. when i woke up, i saw this," taehyung sighed before rolling up his sleeves, revealing a bite mark.

everyone dropped their chopsticks and gasped at taehyung. the bite mark on his arm was swollen, and was starting to form purple, there was still dried blood on it.

"oh my god," lisa spoke as she stared at taehyung's arm.

everyone was shocked to hear the girl speak again, their worries increased, suspecting that lisa did it.

jimin and chaeyoung noticed everyone throwing suspicious looks at lisa.

"guys, no, it wasn't her!" chaeyoung shook her head in panic, seeing lisa's eyes widened, meaning that she knew they were suspicious of her.

"is this my fault? i-i'm so sorry, taehyung!" lisa frowned, standing up before walking out of the dining room. they heard the door in the guest room slam shut.

"i told you, it wasn't lisa! she was fast asleep with us earlier!" chaeyoung massaged her temples, trying not to raise her voice.

"how can we stop ourselves from suspecting her? hours ago she's acting like a bloody demon, and now she's suddenly back to herself?" yoongi grunted, drinking his water.

"we don't know anything, okay? that's why we needed to seek help from jiwon immediately!" jennie raised both of her hands in defense.

"girls, bring lisa some food. i'll treat tae's arm and let him eat. then we can maybe sort it out when everything has calmed down." seokjin said, standing up and grabbing a first aid kit from the cupboard.

jennie, jisoo and chaeyoung followed seokjin's orders, placing food on a clean plate and walking out.

the boys were quiet, it had suddenly become awkward, the heavy tension lasted until seokjin finished treating taehyung's arm.

the girls soon walked out of the room with an empty plate and lisa whose eyes were bloodshot.

they sat back on their seats, staring at lisa.

"we told her that it wasn't her fault, she said she never left the room." jisoo spoke up, looking at lisa who sniffed.

"then let's eliminate the thought of lisa doing this, it's probably because of another reason. i know it's impossible to be a mosquito bite, but did you leave your window open, tae?" namjoon asked, crossing his arms.

"no, it also couldn't be a rash, i change my bed covers every two weeks." taehyung frowned, looking at his now-bandaged mark.

"how did it happen then? none of us in this house sleepwalks, as much as i know." namjoon squinted his eyes before snapping his fingers.

"what if you accidentally bit yourself, tae? you move a lot in your sleep. people tend to accidentally injure themselves when they have nightmares." namjoon raised an eyebrow.

"well, i had a nightmare earlier. maybe it was me, i guess." taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"then it's settled! it's nothing, taehyung just bit his arm." namjoon clasped his hands together with a fake smile.

but everyone in that room knew, it wasn't actually taehyung biting himself.