039

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ THE LAST STRAW. ࿐ྂ

the friend group's hearts thumped with every step they took closer to the circus tent.

one step, one beat.

one step, one beat.

one step, one beat.

it was as if they were in a magical container, where they pass a certain line, and that line will make them feel comfort.

but that was not the case for them.

the more closer they get to the tent, the more colder they felt. it was like a blizzard was waiting for them, they could feel goosebumps around their body, their sweaty demeanor was gone as the cold had dried up their bodies.

they could see the same smoke they had at the house, it was now very noticeable. if there was snow, they would have thought it was just snowing.

but everything was once warm, that warm was now replaced by the cold feeling of depression, sorrow, and grief.

the smell of the warm amusement park, the smell of popcorn, and the smell of caramel was gone. they could hardly smell anything due to the cold wind rushing up to their faces.

they felt like they were walking straight into a blizzard, except this blizzard was a spirit. a spirit who held their friend captive.

they stopped at the mouth of the tent, who knew circus tents could look so terrifying.

feel so terrifying.

they all felt shivers run down every inch of their bodies, they were longing for the warm comfort of their home.

but they need to get lisa back.

they all looked at each other for a moment, before nodding. it was as if they understood each other just by looking.

hoseok lead the group, as he seemed to be the bravest one at this moment.

they carefully walked inside, they could hardly see anything in the dark depths of the tent. they felt like they were walking straight into a trap.

it all felt like deja vu once again. there was one light that lit up throughout the massive tent, and that shone upon lisa, who's back was turned against them.

they all walked slowly, as they felt nervous. once they reached the center of the tent, they were waiting for lisa to talk.

but there was only silence.

jisoo took a deep breath, before speaking.

"lisa.."

lisa turned around slowly, they gasped at what she looked like.

lisa was pale as snow, dark circles were around her eyes, her lips were chapped and there was still dried blood on it as if she bit onto it. they could see her cheekbones appearing, she looked so thin.

she looked vulnerable.

lisa let out a loud cackle, like a witch.

"you thought you've seen the last of me?" lisa cackled louder this time, scaring them.

"i wouldn't leave until i finally get my vessel." lisa walked closer to them, playing with her hair.

"wasn't the doll enough for you? first, you haunt my doll, now you haunt my friend!" taehyung managed to stand his ground as he glared at lisa.

"you stupid human, why would i contented with a doll that couldn't even move?!" lisa sneered as she paced around, before throwing the doll on their feet. it was with her all along.