Chapter 11: PRINCESS SAYA OF LAINE

Please vote, comment, and share to help the Wattpad algorithm! 🙏

"Brother! So nice of you to make it!" Stephan exclaims, snapping Laila out of her thoughts.

"Princess, it's good to have you here," he acknowledges the beauty by Xerxes' side. Seeing Saya for the first time, Laila cannot blame Stephan for thinking about her the way he did, she does not think she'll get the princess out of her head as well!!

Does everyone in Laine look this beautiful and attractive or is it just her? No wonder Xerxes and Stephan both have an eye for her!

"Come, let us get you settled in," Stephan says, and Laila doesn't fail to see how King Xerxes, immediately takes Saya's hand, to walk with her inside.

Wow

It's also crazy that Stephan is actually smiling and beaming when he was clearly upset right before they came out of the castle.

So many thoughts run through Laila's mind, as she and Stephan walk inside the castle, heading to the room she had prepared for them.

King Xerxes of Moore, is walking right behind her, and it seems like if she trips or makes a sound, her head will be gone. The contrast between him, and his woman is crystal clear. It's like the devil is having a baby with an angel.

He does not smile, and only speaks five words in a whole day! Is it possible that the princess actually fell for this kind of man?  She knows she'd rather jump off the highest mountains than live with him. The fact that he's right behind her is making her heart beat so loud, as she carefully takes deep breaths, to calm her nerves. She certainly should have allowed Mara, escort Stephan today...this was a mistake.

As they ascend the stairs, Laila begins to wonder how long they have been walking, hasn't a week already gone by? Why aren't they at their chambers yet?

"How was your trip to Sheath?" Stephan asks, breaking the silence. Laila swallows hard when Xerxes does not even bother replying, "It was alright, My Lord, thank you for asking," Princess Saya replies.

It seems like her voice is flowing with milk and honey! How could her voice be so soothing and hold such innocence?! Laila might just be falling for the princess too!

Finally, they get to the chambers where the king and his woman will be staying and Stephan says, "The celebrations officially begin tomorrow. Xerxes, brother, there are some important matters we need to discuss, my advisors are waiting."

Laila feels the need to apologize to King Xerxes when she sees the way he frowns at his brother.

"I'll be okay, My love," the princess tells him, giving him a warm smile.

"I'll be back soon," he assures, his lips meeting hers for a brief second. She nods, before she bows to them, turning around, and opening the door. King Xerxes goes in after her to look inside the room, making sure she's the only one there, and everything is okay.

"My love, I'll be fine," Saya says again, urging him to go.

"Go get the princess some fresh fruits," King Stephan whispers to Laila. She nods, turning around and heading to the kitchen.

On her way, she cannot help but feel surprised and jealous about the scene that played before her. King Xerxes didn't want to leave her alone. How can a beast be so caring? Even though he frowns at her too, it is clear, through his body language and gestures, that he cares deeply for the princess. Is it because she is pregnant with his heir?

The pregnancy! She has been indeed pregnant all this time! How lucky is she?! Laila is still immersed in her thoughts that she doesn't realize she has entered the kitchen.