Chapter 26: FEELINGS

"I'll do it for you then," Stephan offers when Laila makes no move to wear her attire, but she takes a step back.

Seeing how uncomfortable she is, he turns around and walks to the table, "Hurry up, your meal is getting cold."

Her meal? She thought it was for him.

Quickly, she puts on the grey dress, and emerges, sitting opposite him by the table in the room. Sighing loudly, he stands and moves to sit beside her, which is closer to the window.

"Where did you go, after you left this chambers?"

She does not look at him, and replies, "Outside."

Staring at her for a few seconds, he turns to the table and pulls the dishes closer to her. The full-sized chicken cut up into chunks, the plate of cheese, bread, and a bowl of fruits stare at her.

"Eat," he says, and she nods, taking a piece of meat and eating, before attacking the bread and cheese. She goes in this cycle till she's satisfied, and then grabs the bowl of fruits, eating the grapes, and strawberries.

Suddenly she stops eating and turns only to see him staring at her. Gesturing to the dishes he shakes his head. Laila is definitely not going to beg him to eat, so she continues with her fruits, and gulps everything down with water from the goblet.

Finally full, she feels herself smiling internally. She has actually been very hungry.

Laila is confused as Stephan said nothing at all to her throughout her meal, and rest. He is probably preparing her for what is to come, so she might as well get enough sleep for it...she does not want to stress her baby...his child.

Standing up, she keeps mute, and heads over to the bed, making sure her back is facing his side.

Feeling him climb into the bed as well, she closes her eyes but flutters them open when his arm wraps around her waist. He pulls her against his chest, kissing her hair, but she does not make a move.

"I am sorry about what happened today. I am sorry about what has happened since after the celebrations. You are not a whore, and I let my anger get the best of me. You were certainly not to be blamed for anything that happened that day my brother and the princess were almost poisoned. I am very sorry for making you feel less like the woman you are. You don't have to forgive me, but please accept my apology."

The woman feels her tears falling down her cheeks as she listens to him.

"Sweetpea please look at me."

She shakes her head but Stephan kisses her shoulder, "...please."

He turns her gently, and she allows him, his heart, breaking at the sight of her tears. He is really a monster. Carefully, he wipes her tears, cupping her cheek. "You don't have to accept my apology right now either. Just know I am honestly sorry."

Leaning into her, he kisses her cheek, then her forehead, hugging her tighter. As she calms down she finds sleep overtaking her eyes, and could have sworn she heard something from his mouth, as sleep consumed her...something like,

"I love you, Laila."

***

Her eyes slowly open the next day, taking in her environment. Ah yes, she had arrived at Moore, and the king was being nice to her...or maybe it was a dream.

"Ugh," she groans, her muscle aches are making her uncomfortable, and the worst is that she is not in a place where she can ask for something discreetly, since she doesn't want anyone knowing she's pregnant.

Luckily, Stephan is not in the room to witness this so she endures it as she gets ready for her day. She did not bring much with her, as she did not expect Oma or a bewitched king as she journeyed here.