Chapter 29: CHANCE

Good evening readers and thanks so much for the support! I'm working hard to give you double updates hopefully every day because my schedule is changing and I would hate to leave my story hanging, because you all have been so supportive, and I don't know what I would do without you all. 

I have no control over you as a person, and if you believe going on someone else's page, to speak your mind is right, then please do it respectfully. We are all learning as people, and I feel bad that I had to encounter that kind of person yesterday. I was very upset, and as a human, I acted on it as you saw in the last chapter. Just don't do something you'll regret later. Even though I acted on my anger, I don't regret calling out that she's a liar, especially when she showed no remorse. People need to shed their old skin to better themselves and society. I hope we all do that.

Happy reading!!! ❤

"STOP!" Lady Oma yells, holding a knife.

Stephan reflexively pulls Laila behind him, upon seeing the woman. The woman is out of it, her head resembling that of a bird's nest. Laila furrows her eyebrows, she was just fine this evening, when she had slapped her, and she had warned her to stop before it was too late; Oma did not listen. Whatever she had done to get the king had definitely worn off, and she is now paying the price, this is only the beginning. Her eyes are bulging out of her sockets, her gown ripped, red and green veins on her eyeballs and hands, all signs of someone that is going mad.

"You all are not going anywhere! I am the king's only woman," she says, walking slowly, dragging her bare feet.

"Where is the king?" Laila asks

"That hurts my feelings, I'm right here"

"Focus Stephan, I'm serious," Laila says, pinching him.

"He's with Saya, it seems the bastard has come back to his senses," Stephan smirks.

"My Lord there's something wrong with her," Peter says, holding Nabir's hand.

"I.Will.Marry.Xerxes. Just because he doesn't lay with me doesn't mean he doesn't love me! I WILL MARRY HIM!" She screams holding the knife.

"We don't have time for this, Guards!" Stephan yells, but Oma laughs out loud.

"I killed them, all of them, see?" She shows them her knife.

"Is it supposed to be bloody?" Julius asks, confused.

"All their blood is dripping from this knife, and YOU'RE NEXT!" Oma runs towards them, gripping her knife. Julius brings out his whip, seizes her hand that wields the weapon, and trips her, making her kneel down. She screams in pain, irritating everyone.

The guards come running in, "You're supposed to be on guard!" Stephan exclaims.

"Apologies, My Lord."

"Take her away!"

The guards grab Oma, pulling her out of the scene.

"He'll come to find me! I AM THE QUEEN," she yells, struggling against the guards.

***

A healthy baby boy! The princess had given birth 2 weeks ago, and she was perfectly healthy. King Xerxes was back and practically a leech, never leaving her side for more than an hour, it gave Laila joy and peace of mind that she left Moore knowing Saya would be in great hands.

What she did not expect, and was certainly not ready for were the nine women who had moved back into the castle before they arrived. She did not mean to be selfish, but having the king all to herself for a while was starting to get comfortable.