Chapter 27: LOVE

I WILL BE UPDATING IN THE LATE EVENINGS FROM NOW ON BECAUSE MY SCHOOL PROGRAM IS NOW ADDED TO MY REGULAR SCHEDULE! IT'S ALMOST THE SAME THING!

HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND!

 It's been weeks since Laila arrived at Moore, and Stephan has not changed his affections towards her, but she is still yet to accept his apology. He has not asked her about it since the first time, which has made it easier for her. Her belly has not really changed at all too, but the tenderness in her breasts shows her that she is indeed carrying a child. Thankfully, the king has not noticed at all.

There has been no progress with King Xerxes and Saya, in fact, Laila had never seen Stephan as mad as he was the day Saya got injured. It was the same day she had gone to comfort her when she was crying about seeing the king with Oma.

Saya had made breakfast for him, but in return, he grabbed the diamond around her neck, the chain, cutting her in the process.

Laila was beyond scared to try and calm him down when they got to his chambers...he had thrown the flower vase against the door, smashing it and all of its contents.

CRASH! The beautiful vase of flowers was no more. Laila had sat on the bed, her heart pounding, trying her best to control her breathing. The king is certainly the type of person to take his anger out on people, he admitted it himself. Being the victim of such rage is something she'd never want in her entire life, so that is why she said nothing, watching him carefully.

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT IMBECILE?!" he yelled, making her flinch. His back was towards her as he stood. The woman found herself looking at the door. If he made a move to hurt her she would scream, roll to the other side of the bed, and bolt to the door, that was the plan.

"FUCK!" he yelled, kicking one of the chairs so hard, it broke. Laila closed her eyes, trying to stay calm when in reality she was terrified. Immediately, she looked down, staring at her hands. He might get mad at her, if he caught her looking, it's best to stare at something else.

"I am always the reckless one, while he reprimands me! I understand he is not himself, but I thought he was stronger than this! Saya's child may never have a father! I should wring the neck of that bitch."

'NO!' she thought to herself.

When Stephan does not hear a reply from her, he turns around, only to see her looking down at her fidgeting hands.

"Laila"

Her head shoots up, fear written all over her face, "Yes, My Lord," she says immediately.

Fuck, he had scared her.

Walking to her, he saw her tense up. Laila's plan was to scream, roll, and bolt, but she was petrified in fear.

She flinched, closing her eyes when he raised his arms but sighed lightly when she felt herself, engulfed in a hug.

"I didn't mean to startle you, Sweetpea," he whispered, kissing her hair. Yes, he was certainly changing. Stephan stayed embraced until her accelerating heartbeat slowly went back to normal.

Sitting down beside her, taking her hand, he said, "I was just so upset."

Nervously, she chuckled, "I could...tell."

Stephan laughed, before bringing her to sit on his thighs, her face facing his. Gently, his hand went up and down her back, as he said, "I have tried so many things to bring him back to normal. Sometimes I wonder if he gets this irritated when I am the one that is constantly the asshole. He hardly says much so I guess he always has his way of channeling his annoyance with me."