Chapter 45: ARRANGEMENTS

As Laila washes up in the tub, she cannot help but replay the words of the king in her head.

"I will never, ever, in my life, imprison, not to talk of killing you for anything"

Letting out a sigh, she splashes water on her face. Why did she have to say those words out loud?

"Because of the dream."

She mutters to herself, moving her hand over her belly, deep in thought. Still, she shouldn't have said it out loud. His face, right when he left the room, held disappointment and anger. How long will she be this way?

Looking down at her round belly, she thinks about last night.

"She doesn't know how much she means to this certain man. She doesn't know the lengths that man would go, just to keep her with him. She doesn't know that she owns his heart, that is why nothing could ever make him leave her. He is the happiest man in all the kingdoms, because of this queen, and the new family they will have together."

Heat rushes to her face as she recalls this.

"He's the happiest man in all the kingdoms...because of us," she talks to her bump, tears leaving her eyes. Groaning in annoyance, she wipes them away. What is with her and crying now? It is getting too much.

"Dear sister, if I cannot be happy then you can't either."

Laila stands up, getting out of the tub...she does not need to recall ALL of last night, and she's still unsure whether her first meeting with Oma was actually a dream.

"Gods," she whispers, walking out and dressing up. A knock from the door gets her attention.

It can't be the king, he never knocks when he's upset.

"Come in."

"My Lady," Sandra greets, walking in with a large tray.

"Sandra." Laila helps her set the tray on the table

"I normally eat downstairs...Why did you bring so much?" she asks, looking at the bowl of assorted fresh fruits, another bowl of assorted fresh nuts, a bowl of rice, a plate of meat with cubes of cheese. This is too much!

"The king told me to fill the tray and bring it up to you," Sandra explains. A smile tugs at Laila's lips, taking a seat and eating only a few spoons of rice before diving into the fruits.

"...You told me, Mr. Godfrey got you fresh fruits, that I shouldn't worry."

"No, I said, Mr. Godfrey got me fruits, and that you shouldn't worry."

"My Lady," Sandra frowns.

"It's alright. Not eating fresh fruits for a few months didn't kill me."

"But you love them! It's your pregnancy craving!"

"I'm eating them now," Laila smiles, enjoying the grapes.

"Princess Saya also craved fresh fruits when she was pregnant."

Sandra's frown drops as she inches closer.

"The king didn't go to Moore this year...you know it was because of you right?"

Finishing the fruits in the bowl, she turns to her friend, nodding, "He told me. Let's go see the strawberries." Laila wants to avoid the topic of the king at all costs, even though she knows she can confide in her friend.

"We received word from King Xerxes," General Baine says to Stephan who is sitting in the study.

Taking the scroll from him, the king opens it reading thoroughly.