Chapter 1

April 3rd.

Yet another day of hell. I don't know how long this has been going on if I'm being completely honest with myself. I gave up counting the years a while ago. I often think to myself, what did I do wrong? Could I have done anything to fix it? Why does he hate me? Hell, why does everyone hate me? I could never answer these questions though. Pathetic, if you ask me.

Another day, another excruciating 7 hours of school. Oh, don't forget my childhood friend who bullies me every day.  When did my life go so wrong? Well, that's a question I can answer.

*Flashback*

"Sorry kid, it's not gonna happen."

My favorite All might toy fell to the ground. I stared ahead in shock. Shock and sadness. Disappointment too, maybe.

I'm quirkless.

Not what I imagined at all.

*Back to present*

Anyways, yeah. It all went to shit when I was told I was quirkless. When I went to school the next day, I told Kacchan that I didn't have a quirk. His entire demeanor changed in that one instant. From there, he would pester me about not having a quirk. He'd bully me everyday from there on out. Yet, I still followed him. Why? Sigh. I admired him. I really did. I still do... but-

Bringggg

Thank god. I thought to myself as I quickly packed my stuff and got ready to sprint out of the classroom when-

"Oi, Deku." Kacchan.

I slowly turn my head to face him. "Y-yes K-Kaccha- wh- hey!" He snatched my notebook off of my desk and waved it around in his hand. "What's this? Hero analysis for the future? Pfft- who writes this kinda stuff?" One of his goons said.

"H-hey! Give that b-back!" I tried reaching for it but he just pulled it away again. Then, he clasped it in both of his hands and set his quirk off on either side of the cover. "Stop!!" I yelled, desperately just wanting to leave already. He started laughing at me.

"How pathetic. Quirkless bastard." He then tossed it over my head and towards the open window. "No!" I yelled and ran towards the window, only to find that my notebook was now in a pond, soaking wet. Damn you. I thought.

"What's wrong? Cats got your tongue?" The other goon stated. I was practically shaking in my shoes. I was so angry... yet I couldn't do anything. I'd have a death wish if I were to even attempt to stand up for myself or fight Kacchan. I put my head down to somewhat try and hide the tears I was forcing to stay in just a little bit longer.

"You know if you really wanna be a hero that badly, there actually might be another way." Kacchan started. I lifted my head up at this.

"Just pray you'll be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building." He began laughing and walked out with his 'friends' following closely behind.

I stopped shaking once he finished his sentence. My face probably looked as shocked as it could be. But inside...

I felt nothing.

*After School

I retrieved my nearly-ruined notebook from the small pond after school. "Dammit." I whispered to myself.

I began walking home afterwards, in a slow pace so I could give myself time to think about what's happened today. I approached a short tunnel to use as a shortcut just so that I wouldn't worry my mom for being out after school for too long. I was muttering to myself and kicked a rock as I made my way through the tunnel. But I soon halted all movements when I heard a strange sound coming from behind me. Chills ran up and down my spine as it grew louder, and I could see it's large, odd-shaped shadow on the ground in front of me.