Viridian and Crimson pt.1

July 15th.

Today is a rainy day. The sky is covered in clouds, light rain falling from the sky, ultimately making everything seem depressing.

It's 1pm, and I'm currently sitting on top of a giant pile of rubble. I'm in my vigilante costume, waiting.

Waiting, for my special guest.

I sighed. "He should be here by now." I muttered under my breath. I then looked up to the sky and closed my eyes, letting the light rain hit my face. It felt nice.

"Oi!" Someone yelled. Ah, there he is.

I opened his eyes, and looked down towards the ground in front of me to see the one and only, Katsuki Bakugou standing before me several meters away.

I jumped down from the pile of concrete, landing gracefully on the ground, now standing in front of my childhood friend.

"Hello, Kacchan." I thought it was fitting to bring the nickname back, even if it's only going to be a few times. Katsuki was wearing his hero costume, which, I'm not gonna lie, looks pretty cool.

It suits him.

He visibly swallowed before speaking. "Deku." He replied. He looks... off. Like he didn't actually believe I was going to be here, but now I'm actually standing in front of him, so reality is just hitting him full force.

"I'm so glad you could make it." I said, a soft smile on my face.

"You- what the hell do you want." He said, seemingly getting angry. But why?

"Well.. I'm glad you asked." I replied, holding my hands behind my back.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"What do you mean? I'm not doing anything." I tauntingly replied.

"I thought you died." Katsuki said, gritting his teeth.

"Yes, I know. Everyone thought I died. That's the whole point of faking your death." I replied, letting out a short chuckle afterwards. He let out a quiet 'tch' like he always used to do when he got annoyed.

"I- this isn't you." He said.

"That's where you're wrong. This is me. It's been almost 3 years. People change. I've changed. Can't you see?" I asked, holding my arms out. Katsuki began looking over me, slowly noticing all the changes. My height, my posture, my muscle, how much more visibly confident I am. Everything. "You know, Kacchan... thank you."

His eyes widened. "For what?" He asked, confused.

"For bringing out the best in me." I answered.

He furrowed his brows, his confusion showing more prominently on his face. "What do you mean?"

"Well, like I said, this is me." I gestured to myself, my costume. "You were the one who made the largest impact on my life. The largest negative impact. Of course, you're not the only one. All Might put me down this path too. Did you know that? All Might was part of the cause of this. I hate him, Kacchan. Thought I'd never be saying those words, huh?" I continued. The look on Katsuki's face right now is priceless. He looks confused, and angry, and shocked.

Katsuki can't recognize Izuku through those piercing red crimson eyes. Were his eyes always that shade of deep red? Surely not. His tone of voice, it's so different from how it used to sound. What happened to the shy, timid, weak boy back in middle school? Those bright green eyes, completely innocent looking. Everything about him now is different.

"You know why I hate him, Kacchan? Guess why. He told me I couldn't be a hero. He told me straight to the face, that I couldn't become a hero, because I was quirkless. You know how much that fucking hurt? You know what that shit did to me? This. All of this. This was because of you, and All Might. And yet, I thank you, because you brought out the better side of me." I explained. Katsuki was completely bewildered at this point. You could clearly see the shock in his eyes.

"Izuku..." he said, taking a step forward. We were only several feet away from each other now.

"Do you still hate me?" He asked. Katsuki knew the answer. But he couldn't help but ask.

I gave him a small smile. "Do you really want to know?" I asked. In response, Katsuki just nodded. I held my smile and said, "Yes, Kacchan. I still hate y-"

"I love you."