Chapter 14

*Flashback, February 7th, one week before Izuku faked his death

I ended my training with Akimitsu a while ago, just so I could go over the last few details of my plan. Over the last couple months we've trained together, we've made so much progress. We still talk, of course. I got his number when I first started training with him so it would be easier for us to communicate and set up times for us to meet and begin training. He's a very good friend of mine now. He's a very trustworthy friend and helps me with whatever I need. That's why...

Izuku: Hey, Aki! How's it going?

Aki: Pretty good, 'zuku! What's been happening with you lately?

Izuku: Believe it or not, a lot. That's what I wanted to talk to you about...

Aki: What's up?

Izuku: Well... there's this thing that I've been working on the for the last 9 months or so... I've been contemplating wether or not to tell you.

Aki: You can tell me anything you need to, man! You know that, I'll help you with whatever it is :)

Izuku: Okay... you can't freak out or tell anyone though. This is important.

Aki: I'm intrigued... is it bad?

Izuku: No... well, not for me, at least.

Aki: Now you have to tell me what it is. I'm all ears, your secret is safe with me.

Izuku: In the next 7 days, I'll be leaving. Not like, moving, though... more like... fakingmyowndeath leaving.

Aki: ...
Aki: Say what?

Izuku: I know, I know, it's crazy...

Aki: So that's why you've been working out and training so hard

Izuku: Well yeah, that's part of it.

Aki: So, what do you need my help with?

Izuku: You're seriously willing to help?? You know what this means, right? You're taking a huge risk just agreeing to help me...

Aki: I know that. But, you've been helping me the last few months as well, you know that? We've been training together, which not only helps you, but it helps me as well.
Aki: I'm willing to help. Just as long as I don't have to do anything too crazy...

Izuku: Nope! Nothing like that, I promise.

Aki: Well, I'm in.

*Back to present

And that's what leads us to where I am now. Aki recently rented a small house, and I'm "visiting". He turned 18 recently, meaning he was able to move out. When I told him the details about my plans, he told me that he was planning on moving out of his parents house once he turned 18. He mentioned he was moving out of Musutafu, to another city that was a few hours away. If you drive, at least. It took me 5 days to get here since I walked. Then I decided to stay in the area I was in for the next 3 days. He said it was for a change of scenery, but there were other reasons too. It just worked out perfectly for me. He told me that if I needed to, at any time, I could stay with him for a while.

What a great friend...

I had just arrived to his house, and he invited me in. It's been a few weeks since I've last seen him, so it's nice to talk to someone I know again. There's nobody else I could really talk to since I left. I don't know anybody outside of Musutafu. But since Aki knew about everything, I was able to talk to him if I wanted to.

Now I'm sitting on the couch in his living room, telling him about what's happened since I left.

"Wow..." was all he said.

"Yeah..." I replied. He was sitting next to me on the couch, he listened to everything I had to say. "Thank you." I said.

"For what?" He replied. "For... letting me stay here. I mean, like I said, you're taking a huge risk. Sure, nobody knows me here, but... I'm supposed to be dead. This is technically illegal..." I told him. I don't deserve a friend like Aki. I don't understand why he'd do this for me.

"It's really no problem, 'zuku. I agreed to help you, I know the consequences if something goes wrong. That's what friends are for, right?" He replied. I smiled lightly at him. "Right." I said.

He got up from the couch, "You wanna have a look around?" He asked. "Of course!" I replied, standing up as well. He proceeded to show me around his house, as well as show me the room I'd be staying in. I think it was supposed to be an office, but he doesn't need an office so he made it a spare bedroom instead. There was a mattress in the room already, so I didn't have to worry about buying one. I offered to help him pay rent, since I was sure I'd be staying with him for a while, but he denied my offer. He said he had the money to pay for it himself, and that I already had enough things to worry about that I didn't need to help pay. I tried convincing him to let me help but he just wouldn't budge. Sigh.

We've been chilling in the living room for a few hours just watching TV. It's around 4pm now. I've been looking for a semi-cheap phone. I need to get rid of this one as soon as possible. I have the money to buy one, I just need to find a store that sells devices. I think I'll go out later tonight to find a store that sells the phone I'm trying to buy. I'll have to start from scratch though... I can't transfer my data to the new phone, otherwise there's no point of buying a new one.

I stayed at the house with Aki until dinner time, then left after I ate to find a store. It's 9pm now, I'm riding my skateboard around trying to find the location of the store that's on my phone. I eventually found it and went inside. I found the phone I wanted, got a simple case and a screen protector for it, then checked out. The total was about $450 which was a lot... but I think it was necessary. I still have plenty of money for other things.

That's what hard work gets you.

I skated back home and stayed in the living room while I set up my new phone. I got a new phone number, email, all that good stuff.

Now there's no way anybody can track me to my phone.

Once I put Aki's number into my phone, downloaded a few apps and logged in, and a few other things, I was finished and I could finally get rid of my old phone. I added a few numbers into my contacts just in case I needed them later, but they're not in my messages. I took my old phone apart and took out the battery, and basically destroyed the pieces. It was fun, but it was mainly to make extra sure that it was dead and nobody could track it. I put the screen protector and case on my new phone and afterwards I could finally relax.

I started thinking about some of the things I needed to work on. Like restarting my diet to stay healthy, start working out again to gain more muscle, and now that I'm with Aki...

We can start training with knives as much as we want.