Chapter 25

My appearance has developed and spread over the years. I've become known to many people for different reasons, and I've become recognized in many different ways.

I'm recognized by my dark crimson eyes, that often match the blood stains on my outfit. My unruly green hair, the definition of viridian.

The color Viridian belongs to me.

It's mine.

I'm recognized by my dark suit and the famous Viridian green vest I wear with it. I'm recognized by my knives, which always are shiny, like they're brand new, and sharper than you could imagine.

I recently acquired myself some bigger weapons as well. More specifically, I hold a pair of P320's on my utility belt where I keep my knives and a few other things.

That's not even the best part.

On my back, (for very, very rare occasions) I have an IMI Galil AR with a strap so I can carry it around with me. I haven't had to use it yet, but I would really like to test it out.

I've been... busy, the last year and a half. I've been moving along down my path, rather quickly, actually. I'm glad my name is spreading. I've met so many people who look up to me, and admire me, and support the work I'm doing, even though it's illegal.

Just because illegal, doesn't mean it's the wrong thing to do.

I'm my case, at least.

Heroes only take care of the big jobs. They don't even think about what could be going on in between buildings and in alleyways. They don't bother to stop thugs or low-life criminals who waste their time mugging a random person on the street. They don't care if there's a teenager getting beat to a pulp by his bullies in an alleyway...

They just don't.

They take care of the bigger things. The "more important" things. You know why? Money. They do it for the money, and nothing else.

Sure. There are a few heroes who actually care about the lives of the people who are getting attacked by a villain. There are some heroes who would do anything to protect a civilian from getting hurt.

But the keyword is some.

Nowadays, the pro heroes that so many people look up to are only in it for the money. And I realized that far too late.

That's where I come in.

Every criminal situation is important to me. I don't give a shit how big the villain is. I certainly don't give a shit about the money. I don't get money for saving people because I'm a vigilante and I couldn't give 2 fucks. I'm doing what I strive to do, I'm doing what makes me happy, and ultimately, what makes others happy too.

All I want is for people to feel safe and protected, and out of harms reach.

That's it.

I don't care about the money.

I just do what's right.

Now tell me, is that wrong? Is that so wrong? Is it wrong to want to save people no matter what? Is it wrong to use your abilities to take down a villain or a criminal or a gang to save an innocent person?

Why is it wrong for a person to save a life by using their power. Why the fuck should it matter if they have permission to use their quirk or not. They're still saving a life. When the heroes talk to them afterwards, they're basically saying, "I don't care if your power saved that person, you're not allowed to use it."

The fuck?

It pisses me off so much. Sorry- I went on a little bit of a rant there. I get caught up in stuff like that a lot. I guess it's one of those habits that never really go away, huh?