Chapter 7

November

I'm so close.

It's been three months, things have been going smoothly. I'm so close to achieving my goal, it's almost driving me insane. I've been working so hard to make this work, and I'm not stopping until it's done.

Winter break is coming soon, meaning I'll have even more time to get my planning done, which I'm looking forward to.

I realized that I've sorta been rushing my plans out of excitement, so I've slowed down just a little bit, which let me get my grades back up to where they were before. I've been able to balance everything out, allowing me to complete the things I need to at a steady pace. I let my diet down a bit, and continued working out a few times a week. I have multiple sets of workouts I do every time I work out, which have been proving very effective over the last several months. I've gained more muscle, it's starting to become more noticeable. I'm not sure if I like that or not, because that means people at school will start noticing soon. Either way, I'm doing really well in terms of physical health.

Onto mental health, I'm doing much better. I'm still going to Rina on Saturday's for therapy, but my mom thinks that I don't need to go for much longer. She said that next month, she'll let me decide wether or not I want to end the sessions. I have mixed feelings about that. I thought that I'd hate therapy, but here I am. I actually enjoy going and talking to Rina. Sometimes, I look forward to it. Wether that be because I'm having a bad day or if I'm just excited about something and I want to let her know about it. She's really helped me a lot over the past few months, and I couldn't thank her enough.

I mean, she is helping me reach my end goal easier wether she knows about it or not.

Now, moving onto Katsuki... why won't he just let up? He surely has to get bored of constantly spewing the same insults at me every day.

"Useless bastard."

"Damn nerd."

"Stupid Deku."

"Idiot."

"Quirkless nerd."

When will I ever hear the end of it? Oh. That's right. Somewhere within the next three months. I'll finally be free of him, and he'll finally be free of me. It's a win-win.

Right?

*Winter break

Finally! It's winter break, I have the next 3 weeks off of school, granting me more time to plan. Also, I can work extra days since I don't have school to worry about, meaning I'll earn more money as well. I got a raise recently too, because I've been working extra hard while I'm at work.

Today is Friday, meaning I have therapy again tomorrow. I'm still conflicted about ending the sessions. Technically, it's a good thing when you don't need therapy anymore, but you get attached to the person you let your feelings out to. So, I'll have to think about that more, hopefully I'll have my answer tomorrow before I have to go and see her.

I'm 4 and a half months clean because of her. She knows this, because I tell her about it every week. Tomorrow, if I decide to stop going to therapy, I'll make sure she knows how much better she's made my life. She's good at her job. I couldn't have asked for a better therapist.

Even though I didn't ask for one to begin with.

But that doesn't matter anymore.

Now, about the supplies I'll be getting soon for when I leave... I've been practicing self defense with different kinds of knives for the last month or so. I only have a few, but as of right now, I don't need a lot. I'm planning on buying more once I leave, though. You may be wondering, How do you practice when you don't have anyone to practice with? Aren't you too young to own big knives? Well...

I'm 15 years old, most boys my age work out to get stronger, right? Sometimes, I do basic exercises and workouts in my room at home. But I also have been going to an actual gym for harder workouts or the workouts that require special equipment that only gyms have. It's not one of those huge gyms that adults go to, it's made for teens and young adults to use. So, every time I go there, there's several people around my age that I see. Now, to answer the first question...

One week when I went to the gym to do my usual workout, I met someone, 17 years old, only 2 years older than me. I was doing some reps when he came up to me, asking how old I was since I was a regular visitor and did various workouts that some people have trouble with. I let him know that I was 15, and I was working out so that I could defend myself whenever it was needed. We talked for a while, and I eventually got his name.

Akimitsu Furukawa. He said I could call him Aki for short though. Apparently he was just getting started himself, but he told me he was learning about different types of knife fighting. Basically it's fighting or preforming self defense with knives. I thought it was interesting, and decided to ask him if he was willing to help me learn about it as well. He gladly accepted, and from there, I started training with him. I've been working with him for about 2 weeks now, and I've already learned a lot. I do some training on my own, but I usually find a time to train with him, so that I could practice on a living person instead of the air, or a punching bag. (I don't recommend trying to fight a punching bag with knives, it can get real messy.) Anyways, that's another thing I've been focusing on. Besides, I can't just build muscle. I have to learn to actually fight too. So, why not have my own technique?

For the second question, that's simple. Most teens my age own a pocket knife or have one on them. It's essential anyways. The one I have has multiple uses, so it's not just a knife. Anyways, the bigger knives. I've been borrowing some from Aki. Since he's training with them as well, he has a lot of them. So many different kinds, too. It's not too unusual for a 15 year old to have a pocket knife, but bigger knives? I cant necessarily buy those yet. First of all, they can be pretty expensive. But also, who would let a kid go around buying military knives or a Karambit knife that looks like a claw? Yeah. Not very many people.

Aki is cool though, so he lets me keep a few of the ones he already has. Otherwise, I result to Amazon and lie about my age, and tell my mom it's another All Might figurine once the package comes... which for multiple reasons, is a huge lie.

There's a few knives that I'm eager to buy, but I have to wait a while because they're expensive. The ones that I already have, though... I'm not gonna lie, they're pretty cool. The one knife that I've been practicing with more often, is the butterfly knife. I remember seeing videos of people doing tricks with them and it looked so cool... I never thought I'd be the one doing those same tricks. I have a few different colors,  just for fun. I use a dull one for practice, so that I can't accidentally hurt myself. I'm excited to get some new ones, though.

But until that time comes, I'll use the ones I have, and continue learning how to fight with them.