Chapter 6

For the rest of the semester, I'll be busy planning out my own death.

We had several months of school left, meaning I had to choose a high school to attend to. What I would've done originally, is apply to UA's hero course. But, things are different now.

First of all, I'm still going to apply to UA. Just, not the hero course. I'll apply to general studies. UA isn't just a hero course, it's a normal high school too. It's just well known because of its hero course. So many pro heroes today attended UA in their high school years and graduated with promising futures. Although, applying is technically useless in my situation. I'll be gone before the entrance exams even start. But, it's required to apply for a high school, so I had no choice.

I was able to start planning very easily, since I had so many empty notebooks that I usually use for taking notes on heroes. I still take notes on heroes, just not as often. Besides, I've already written about almost every pro hero there is. That shouldn't be very surprising.

The first thing I wrote in my new notebook, was the things I needed to plan for. Such as:

•Get a job to earn money to survive on my own.
•Buy self-defense weapons for, well, self-defense when needed.
•Get mask/hoodie of some sort to hide face. Because people think I'm dead. Don't want people seeing someone who's supposed to be dead, walking around alive and well.

And the list goes on. There's so many different things I need to put into account to make this work. And I really want this to work. I need at least this one thing to work out for me. This is all I'm asking for.

*Next week at school

My grades have dropped just slightly over the past week. I've been focusing on planning more than my school work. Which in my opinion, is way more important. It's fine though, because I'm just going to end up dropping out once the school year ends anyways. More preferably, even before the school year ends. So far, I've written out everything I need to plan for, as well as made a diet for me. If I'm going to be living in my own where I could come cross anyone, I need to get in shape so I can at least fight for myself. The more I fill my notebook up with words, the more excited I get to finish.

This is the happiest I've felt in a while, if I'm being completely honest.

*Sometime in June

I finally found a steady paying job with reasonable hours. It's good to start saving money earlier than planned. After a few months of working, I'll have enough money to buy some of the supplies I need for when I leave. I've been sticking to my diet, as well as working out when I have the time. I'm going to start working out more often, though. I already see results from my new diet, which is great. I'm happy with where this is all going.

Bakugo continues to verbally abuse me, which isn't surprising. Recently, though, I've been able to ignore it. As much as I'm capable of ignoring it, anyways. I think he's noticed that I haven't been paying as much attention to him, so he's been a tad bit harsher within the last month. I try to put it all to the side though.

I'll be out of your life soon enough, Katsuki.

I promise.

My therapy sessions have also continued going well. I'm able to talk to Rina about many things that I struggle with, and she's actually a big help when it comes to coping. By the time I leave, I'm sure I'll have a better mindset and I'll be a lot more content with my life. I haven't been cutting as often, either. I haven't been thinking about it much at all, actually. So that's progress as well.

*Sometime in August

My grades in school have continued to steadily drop to the point my mom noticed it. I'm not failing, but they could be better, that's for sure. But as of right now, I don't have the time to focus on schoolwork as much. It's been a few months, yes, but I still have so much to do. It's harder to plan out my death than I thought it was going to be...

Anyways, I've been making a good amount of money over the last several weeks, that I've been able to buy a few things early-on. Things like:

•A new heavy-duty backpack for all my supplies once I leave
•A few self-defense items, such as a pocket knife, pepper spray, brass knuckles (can't wait to use those if I'm being honest)
•I also found a dark green oversized hoodie that can cover my facial features really well. I think I might customize it a bit when I have the time...

I'm making progress. In many different ways other than just getting supplies. My diet has continued to work for me. I've been working out multiple times a week as well, so I've gained some muscle over the last few months. It's not noticeable while I'm wearing my school uniform, but when I'm at home in a t-shirt and shorts, you can definitely see the difference.

My therapy sessions are still going strong, I've been able to open up more about the smaller things that bother me, and I will say it feels good to get it off my chest. Rina is super trustworthy as well, so that makes everything a lot easier.

I'm 3 weeks clean because of her.

Every time I go into therapy, I thank her for all that she's helped me with, even though I'm still attending every week. My mom has noticed the way my mood has changed over the last few months as well. She seems less stressed now. That's what I wanted. I didn't want her to worry about me so often, so I'm glad that everything's working out so far. It is getting harder, the closer I get to finishing my plans, though.

I will miss my mom. That's the only thing that's holding me back. But, I still have a long way to go.

At school, the more I see Bakugo during the day, the more I get impatient about the fact I can't just leave now. He gets me so agitated. I stay quiet, though. I don't want any more torment coming from him than I already do. I've grown to resent him more and more as time goes on. Technically, if I wanted to, I could beat him up. Yes, he's still stronger than me, but as of right now I could do some damage. But I won't do that. I'm not that dumb.

I'll be surprised if he ever becomes a decent hero. His damned personality along with his anger issues will not do him any good. Either he needs to work on getting his emotions in check, or he won't get to where he wants to be.

If he wants to be the number one hero that bad, he needs to earn it. He needs to improve himself in many ways. Deep, deep down, I think he knows that. But, I wouldn't know for sure. I don't know what he's feeling at all, actually. He never lets anyone in. If he makes any friends in high school, it'll be a miracle.

Sure, he has an amazingly powerful quirk, but that won't make up for his actions once he enters the hero world.

You can agree with me on that, right?