Chapter 19

I decided once I left that I'd go to a place closer to where I came from, called Kanaya. It's about an hour and a half away if I were to walk, but I have a skateboard so I can get there quicker. I might stop along the way to get food though.

I'm currently on the way there, riding along sidewalks through random small towns, occasionally looking up at the starry sky. There weren't many people out, since it was nighttime.

It's only 10pm, so it's not too late. By the time I get in Kanaya, it'll be around 11pm. Depending on how tired I am when I get there, I might go to sleep once I find a spot to rest.

*In Kanaya

I just arrived in Kanaya a few minutes ago, I'm now leaning against the back wall of a building drinking some coffee. I shouldn't be drinking coffee this late at night... but I don't really care.

I can literally do whatever I want now, after all.

Maybe I can go out on a patrol... I thought. I'm pretty much wide awake now, I'm in my basic costume, I just need to add all the knives and other self defense weapons, then I'm ready to go. It's very tempting...

Just do it.

Okay!

And I'm off. I'll simply ride around on my skateboard a bit to see if I can find anything that's suspicious.
.
.
.
Update... I found nothing. I stayed out for about 2 hours, just riding around slowly in search of any sort of action. Yet, I found nothing. Sigh. Now, I'm sitting up against the back wall of a different building, fighting to stay awake. It is 1am, after all. My legs are sore, and my eyes are droopy. Might as well go to sleep now, hopefully I'll figure out something to do in the morning.

*The next morning

I woke up around 10am, longer than I expected, if I'm being honest. I skated to a nearby grocery store, and picked up a few things to have for breakfast. After I finished eating, which didn't take too long, I decided to skate around the town a bit, and think of where I wanted to go next.

I skated around for a little while, which ended up being 2 hours, as it's now 12pm. There's nothing really exciting here, as I've seen. I decided to make my way to another small city, named Kikugawa. It's about 2 and a half hours away from where I am, but again, I'll get there faster since I have a skateboard.

I am so glad I bought this thing.

It took me a little over 2 hours to get to Kikugawa, considering I had to stop for more food along the way. It's not that big of a town, but it's nice. My goal is to slowly get closer to Musutafu, and travel the outskirts of it, most likely going to the towns around it as well. I cant quite go back to Musutafu yet, I don't want to get recognized.

That's the last thing I want.

If I were to go back there, I would go in a few years. Not anytime soon, that's for sure.

I'll stay here in Kikugawa for about a day, then I'll head to my next destination. Kakegawa. It's around 2 hours from where I am, which isn't that bad. Hopefully I can find something fun to do. It's only 2:30pm, I have time to explore the town before dinner time.

I was out riding on my skateboard for a few hours, didn't really find much. I settled at a small restaurant for dinner, then went off towards a different building and went to the back, to get myself situated to sleep once again.

Today was so uneventful...

I awoke the next morning to lots of commotion nearby. I was confused at first, since I had just woken up, but once I regained my senses I could make up lots of running and screaming. I looked around the corner of the building I was behind, to see a large crowd of people running in the same direction. It looked like they were running away from something. I looked the opposite direction from where everyone was running, and saw a muscular man holding a gun, pointing it at random people on the street.

Oh, what the hell... it's too early for this.

I rolled my eyes as I went back to my spot, grabbed my knives and gloves from my backpack, and got situated. I put the knives in my belt, put the gloves on, and slid the brass knuckles over my right hand. I fixed my hoodie, and pulled the hood up to cover my hair. I then pulled out my new mask from one of the smaller pockets in my backpack.

A bit before I left Aki, I had finished the design for my mask, and payed someone to make it for me with the required customizations.

You have no clue how excited I am to try it out.

I took the mask and put it over my mouth, adjusting the size to fit my face right. It felt really nice quality, and it was comfortable too. It was the right size, and it looked even better than I imagined.

I was growing even more excited.

It had a small device implanted into it that could change my voice slightly, more specifically, deepen it to make me sound a bit older. I have yet to try that out. I left my bag behind the building, seeing as it would only get in my way of fighting. I made sure I had everything and then walked out to the road to see what exactly was going on.

When I got a closer look, I noticed the villain was holding the gun in his left hand, as he was looking around frantically, pointing the weapon at random people to scare them off. Nothing else seemed wrong, though... it didn't appear that he stole anything, and there weren't any cops nearby... What is going on? I asked myself, even though I wouldn't get the answer until I knew more about the situation at hand. Suddenly, the villain grabbed a random woman by the arm, and held her close to him, and pointed the gun to her head. My eyes widened as the woman screamed, struggling to get out of his grasp. Everyone who was running the opposite direction became even more panicked, making it louder and causing other people to panic as well. God dammit...

There was a large open space around the villain, as nobody dared to get close to him. I still had no idea why he was doing this. I had to get closer...

I weaved through the cluster of people that began getting smaller as people ran away from the threat. At least I don't have to worry about getting the civilians away. I thought. Once I got close enough so that the guy could hear me, I tried talking to him.

"Hey!" I shouted. Woah, my voice does appear deeper... this is amazing. I thought, but quickly regained focus on the situation. The villain lifted his head up from it's previous position, looking at me with fear in his eyes. Why is he scared? I thought. I could see him visibly press the gun harder against the woman's head, making her hiss in pain. I sighed.

"Sir, you don't need to do this. Please, just let the woman go." I stated calmly. He however, was not as calm as me.

"No!" He shouted back. "It's too late anyways..." he continued.

"No it's not!" I told him. "Just let her go and everything will be fine!" I said.

"You don't understand! Even if I let go, I'll still be sent back to prison!" He yelled. What...?

"So, what? You escaped prison?" I yelled. "Nice job, man..." I muttered under my breath. "Look, just let her go. At least then, you won't have any extra charges put on you." I said.

"It still wouldn't matter... I'm supposed to be executed next week." He said, his head hanging low. My eyes widened.

Well then... that changes things.