Chapter 10

.
.
.
*Ring
*Ring
*Ring
...
"Hello?"

"Hello there. Is this Inko Midoriya?"

"Y-yes...who is this?"

"My name is Naomasa Tsukauchi. I'm a detective in the police force. I'm calling in regards of your son, Izuku Midoriya. I'd like to meet you in person to talk more about the matter."

"I-is everything okay?? Is my Izuku okay??"

"Ms. Midoriya, I'm sorry to tell you that your son...-"

The phone fell to the floor. The once quiet house became filled with heart-wrenching sobs in a matter of seconds.

"My baby..." Inko cried out, hoping that someone had just heard her heart break, because the sound was deafening in her ears.

*Meanwhile with Izuku

The police found 'my body' a couple hours ago. It's currently very early the next morning, around 4 or so. I haven't slept yet, because I had to keep an eye on the camera. Once I saw the police take the body away, I texted Illusionist so that he could get rid of the camera as well as the device I used to watch surveillance. That way, he wouldn't have to continue keeping up 4 illusions at once. I realized it must be kinda difficult for him to keep up his quirk like that. But he needs to keep the body visible for a while longer, as well as the gun. If I had to guess, by now, the police have called my mom about the incident and have 'my body' in a morgue. I'm not sure though. As for the gun, it's probably where they keep items of evidence, even though it was obviously a suicide. They may not need the gun anymore, but just to be safe, the gun stays visible.

I'm trying my best not to think about how my mom is feeling right now. It only makes this so much harder. I know that this hurt her, and she won't be the same. I am selfish. I did this for my own happiness. She will never understand because she's the one most affected by my death. She won't ever know it was fake.

Hopefully.

But I know she'd want me to be happy. Soon enough, I'll be the happiest I've been in years. This is the beginning of something great. Right now though...

It's not so great.

It's early in the morning, slightly chilly, and I'm eating a protein bar in a dark alleyway. My hoodie keeps me warm for the most part, but it's the "sitting in a dark alleyway" part that's not the best. It smells. I shouldn't really be complaining since I was the one who decided to do this, and I knew I'd be living on the streets for a little while. Still. It definitely sucks. I finished my protein bar and threw the wrapper away in a nearby trash can that smelt even worse than the alleyway itself. It smelt like dog shit. Holy hell... I quickly made my way out of the alleyway and started walking in some unknown direction once again. I still had my phone, but I made sure that nobody could track it. I wasn't connected to WiFi, no Bluetooth, no data, nothing. I powered my phone off as well, just for extra precaution. I'll get rid of it soon though. I won't need it for much longer, besides I can't pay for it anymore, I'm dead to everyone who knew me. I need to save my money for more important things. But I'll keep it for now. Just in case.

I'm not quite sure where I am... but as long as I'm far away from my house, that's all that matters. I mean, I left yesterday, I've been running for hours, and I continue to walk the opposite direction of my... home.

It's not really home anymore, huh?

In fact, I don't have a home anymore. Technically, I'm homeless. I have the materials needed to survive and defend myself, but I don't even have a temporary spot to sleep. Sigh. Anyways, let's forget about the sad stuff for a little while.

I haven't been using my phone, so I'm not exactly sure where I am. But, the direction that I left Musutafu, if I went straight the whole time, I would've ended up in Iwata after about 3 hours of walking. My goal is to get closer to the edge of the Shizuoka prefecture. You'll find out why eventually. I'd say I've been walking for about 10 hours total. Not non-stop, because I've taken breaks to eat or rest a little. I haven't had a full sleep yet, though. I want to get a bit farther first. Just to be safe.

Rather be safe than sorry.

That's what they all say.

I don't really know my way around outside of Musutafu, but I know enough. If I have to, I can power my phone back on and use Maps to figure out where I need to go. I just didn't want to waste my phones battery, so I haven't used my phone since I left. If I'm correct, I'll be nearing a river called Ōi River soon, and I'll have to cross one of those bridges that cars drive on to get across the river. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

After around 30 minutes of walking, I came across that bridge I mentioned. That means I was right. I smiled to myself. It's almost 6 now, so the sun is beginning to rise. Fun part is, I get to see a clear view of it. Since I'll be walking over a bridge that stands over a huge river, there's no buildings in the way. I began walking, slowly, so I could enjoy the fresh breeze longer. Soon enough, the sun started to rise. It was positioned halfway on the water line, and partly behind some buildings, but I didn't mind. It was still so beautiful. In Musutafu, we don't get views like this.

It's nice to see a view like this for once.

I took a moment, just to close my eyes and breathe in the air around me. The light breeze flowing through my hair. The golden glow of the sun rising slightly above the water. It all felt so peaceful. I almost didn't want to leave. Unfortunately, I had to open my eyes and continue walking.

After I made it across the bridge, I found an old nearby building and made my way towards the back of it. I am long overdue for a proper sleep. I thought. Even though the sun is already showing, a few hours of sleep would still give me more energy. I set my backpack down on the ground beside me, pulled my hood back up over my face, and closed my eyes.

Goodnight, I guess...?

A/N: I did research for this chapter, man. 😭 I tried finding where Musutafu would most likely be irl, and found that it could be a place in the Shizuoka prefecture (where Musutafu is located) called Hamamatsu. I added the rest from there. Look it up ;)