Chapter 13

A vigilante.

That's the correct definition.

It's been 5 days since I faked my death and ran away from home. It's been going really well so far, considering I don't have a proper place to sleep, and my effective diet is now nonexistent. I haven't lost any muscle, but I'm not eating as healthy anymore, which soon enough, will have a physical effect on my body. I'll have to start working out again as soon as possible.

I've been in Horaicho for about two days now, simply because I didn't have anywhere else to go for the time being. Plus, it's pretty nice here. There's lots of stores and nice restaurants, and the houses are pretty too. It's really peaceful here.

I can definitely say that I'm glad I left.

I'm not by any means happy that I had to leave my mom, but... I'm happier now. I'm healthier now. I'm in a better mindset now. I'm stronger now. I can live my life the way I want to. I can experience new things and learn new things that I couldn't learn before. So many things are going to change, this is just the beginning.

*The next day

I've been gone for almost a week now, meaning it's February 20th. I've been in Horaicho for the last 3 days, and if I'm being honest, I could see myself living here. But, I don't need to worry about all that right now. I'm too young to buy a house, and besides, I don't have the money to buy a house. Most apartments are too expensive as well, so that's not an option either. I could find a hotel... but it's not really necessary to rent a hotel room now. I've been fine with what I have, no reason to waste money.

It's 5pm right now, meaning it'll start getting dark soon. There's a light breeze out, ultimately cooling me down despite the warm weather. I could get used to this. I thought. That's the thing, though. I will get used to this. I'm capable of getting used to this now, since I left. Sure, I have a couple regrets. More like, things that I wish I didn't have to leave behind... but for the most part, this decision was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Right now, I don't have much of a plan. I made it to where I needed to be sooner than I thought I was going to. That's a good thing. But now, I don't really have anything to do.

Until I remembered something.

I was currently leaning against the wall, watching as people walked by minding their own business, while my new skateboard leaned against the wall beside me as well. I quickly took my phone from my pocket and went to my Maps app. There's a certain area here in Horaicho that I can visit... the 1 Chome area.

In Japan, most streets don't have a name. Instead, it's more like a certain area has a name. Like certain areas with homes, that most people would call a neighborhood, there's no specific name for that neighborhood. Each area is named similarly, but has a different number.

Anyways, I need to find my way to the 1 Chome area, it's basically a neighborhood. I picked up my skateboard after I pulled up the directions and set it down on the ground and got on. I began riding towards the area. It's not too far away from where I already am, luckily.

Once I got there, the next thing I had to do was find the specific house number. It was a pretty big area so it would take a while. After around 20 minutes I found the house number I needed. The houses weren't very big, but they were nice. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I waited a moment before I heard the door click, then open. I smiled lightly.

"Hey, 'zuku. Long time no see."

"Hey, it's been a while, huh?"

A/N: I did more research for this chapter, but I couldn't really explain it that well 😭 honestly all I can tell you is to look it up

Also I'm sorry this chapter was kinda short... I honestly ran out of things to write, but I think next chapter will be the normal length <3