Chapter 16

Sometime in June

It's been another month, meaning my birthday is coming up in the next month also. I've continued training with Aki, as well as working out multiple times a week. I've kept my diet stable as well, but I've made it a bit less intense since I already work out so often. Aki and I have gotten closer in the process of it all.

I'm glad to have met him.

I've dealt with several more low-life criminals since the jewelry robber, it's been fun. I get to beat up criminals who steal things or hurt other people, and get them locked up in result. And I serve justice for the victims. This is what I wanted. I said I'll be my own hero, that's what I'm doing. I usually look out for trouble during the day, but I think I'm going to start patrolling during the night. More crimes happen during the night, so hopefully I'll get some more action.

Another plus, I can figure out what I'll wear. Like my costume. I already have some ideas, and I have items that I can already include in the full design. I'm really excited about that. I can customize my appearance, so that nobody knows who I am. I can fight off criminals and bring justice to those who have been affected by the criminals actions. I'll be the better version of the heroes everyone looks up to.

I'll be a vigilante.

*One Week Later

A few days ago, I drew out what I wanted my basic costume design to look like. For now, I'll wear the clothes I wore when I first left. My black ripped jeans, the viridian hoodie I customized, my fingerless leather gloves, and I'm working on designing a mask that not only protects my face, but it makes my voice sound different, just in case someone may recognize me. My goal is to look cool, stealthy, and unrecognizable. I obviously have hidden spots to put my knives and other self defense weapons, for when I need to get physical.

I've been patrolling around midnight every night, and to say it's fun would be an understatement. It's exhilarating. Just like that day I fought Illusionist. When I take down a criminal, it makes me feel accomplished. It makes me feel proud. It makes me want to do more.

I want to do more so that people know my name. I want them to know who I am.

Speaking of names, I need to figure out an alias to go by. I haven't really thought about it much, so I don't have any ideas. Hopefully I'll come up with one soon, though. I want it to be simple, something people will remember easily. But I also want it to sound cool.

Because why not.

*July 1st

It's been a couple weeks since I started my vigilante work. My birthday is in two weeks. I don't feel the need to celebrate my birthday anymore, but I will have a day to myself and Aki will be there. The other night when I was getting ready to go on patrol, Aki was still up. I had just slipped on my dark green hoodie, and pulled the hood down so my hair still showed. No need to wear it in the house. Aki was sitting on the couch, and I noticed he was looking at me.

"What is it?" I asked. "Your hair and your hoodie match perfectly." He stated, seemingly prepared for me to ask that question. I raised my eyebrow. "You're right, they do match. What about it though?" I asked, confused. He sighed, standing up. "There's a specific name for that shade of green, you know. It's not just green. It's a special kind of green." He replied. I was even more confused now. "What are you getting at?" I asked.

"Viridian." He stated simply.

And that's where I got my name from. Aki was the inspiration for my vigilante alias.

Viridity.

Crimson-Viridity.