Chapter 15

Two Weeks Later (March 5th)

It's been two weeks since I first started staying with Aki. I started my new diet, I began working out again, and I've also started training with Aki again. There's lots I want to achieve, and hard-working is the only way to do it.

I'm training with different kinds of knives now, my diet is effective, as well as my workouts which are already showing some results. I've gotten much better at skating as well.

I decided I'm going to stay with Aki at least until I turn 16, which is only in a few more months. After that, I'll go off somewhere else to do the rest of my things in private. You'll get more details on that later.

About a week ago, Aki told me about his job working at a restaurant nearby, and told me that they were looking for more staff. The next day, I went with him to his work place and they hired me since I could work well with Aki. Apparently, Aki was one of the best workers since he was so crafty with the knives.

I'm not surprised.

Now, since I've been working here for about a week, they have two workers who do wonders with the knives. Now, I get to work alongside Aki and make more money for when I leave again. It works out perfectly. It's a pretty good paying job, too.

*Sometime in May

It's been about 2 months, and we've made a lot of progress. Not just me, Aki as well. Since he has his training buddy back, we both have improved our knife skills. My diet is going great, and I've gained more muscle due to my workouts. I've made a pretty good amount of money from my job too.

Aki has been such a great friend, I don't know what I'd do without him. You wouldn't have a place to sleep properly, for one. Seriously? He's back?? Sigh.

When I set up my new phone, I added Illusionists number into my contacts, just in case I needed to reach out to him again. Recently, I did in fact text him.

???: yo, Illusionist.

Illusionist: Midoriya? That you?

Izuku: yeah. Got a new phone for obvious reasons.

Illusionist: gotcha.

Izuku: yeah so I'm just texting you because I wanted to ask what happened once I "died"...Did it go smoothly?

Illusionist: right! I'm not sure how, but it went perfectly fine. I'm pretty sure  your mom held your funeral around a week after you died. They didn't have any suspicions and everything went according to plan.

Izuku: that's great! Wow, that makes me less anxious.

Illusionist: yeah, I'm glad it worked out too.

Izuku: right. So it was nice talking to you again, but I kinda need you to delete my number again...

Illusionist: I got it, see ya kid.

Izuku: bye!

I'm glad I decided to text him, it helped me feel less anxious. I didn't even realize I was that anxious about it until I asked. After that conversation he deleted my number and I deleted his. I won't be needing it anymore. The only contacts I have are Aki and Bakugo. I'm not sure why I kept Bakugo's number, if I'm being honest. It's not like I'm gonna text him. Sigh.

Currently, I'm on the way back from the store, riding on my skateboard. I was just a few blocks away, when I saw someone running the opposite direction of me. Not much later, a police car came speeding by. I thought for a moment. I haven't seen much action since I left... these cities seem to have low criminal rates. But... that just now...

I smiled widely, picking up the speed on my skateboard as I quickly rounded the turns to get back to Aki's house. Once I got there, I got off my skateboard and burst through the front door, not bothering to greet Aki who I saw a glimpse of on the couch. I set the grocery bags on the kitchen counter before turning around and slamming the front door behind me. I'll have to apologize for that later and explain to him what happened.

I got back on my skateboard and headed towards the direction I was coming from, then followed where the man and the cop headed. Luckily, I already had my pocket knife, brass knuckles, and my gloves on me, so if I needed to, I could beat the guy up.

It's not illegal, because I'm not using a quirk, so there's no problem about it.

I sped along the sidewalk for several minutes, looking down each alleyway I came across. It took a while, but eventually, I noticed a figure in the corner of my eye down one of the alleyways I had just passed. I quickly stopped and picked up my board. I set it up against the wall of the building next to the alleyway I saw him in, and put the leather gloves I got that one time on my hands. I had my knife ready in my pocket as well, just in case. I pulled my hood over my head to hide my face, and took a deep breath.

Show time.

I peeked around the corner, as expected, I didn't see him there. He probably walked behind the buildings a bit so he couldn't be seen at all. I cautiously walked down the alleyway and looked both ways quickly once I got to the end. When I looked to my right, I saw the same guy from earlier walking behind the buildings. I smirked and walked his direction. I kept my footsteps light, as to not bring any attention that I was there. Once I was close enough, I grabbed his arm and flipped him around, and pushed him down to the ground with my other hand. It all happened so fast, he was clearly confused.

"What? What do you want?" The man asked, struggling under the weight of my foot. Damn this guy is weak. I thought. "Whatever you stole, give it to me." I said in a stern tone, reaching my hand out. "The hell? I never stole anything, you assho-" "No! I saw you running from the cops. Don't lie to me." I cut him off, my voice now laced with venom. Why can't people just tell the truth? It's really not that hard. People like this just piss me the fuck off. I  was getting impatient at this point. I pressed my shoe harder into his chest, making him wheeze and gasp for air.

"A-alright, kid." He said, desperately trying to get out of my hold. Hesitantly, I let my weight off of him as he gasped for air, then went on to digging in his coat pocket for whatever he decided to steal. What I didn't expect, however, was for him to pull out a knife. I jumped away from him right as he got a nice slice to my arm. I winced, bringing my hand up to cover my cut. Bastard. You'll pay for that. I took out my own knife before lunging at him, which he didn't expect, but luckily he noticed, bringing his arm back to swing at me with his knife once more. I noticed this, changing my position so I was now at the opposite location he was aiming for. I brought up my knife to his side, and stabbed him quickly, making sure not to hit any vital organs. I don't feel like going to prison for killing someone. I skidded to a stop behind him, as I heard him groan in pain as he clutched his side tightly.

This scene sure looks familiar.

"Just give it up, I could go on, but I'm pretty sure you don't want to get cut another 10 times." I said. He huffed, tossing his knife to the ground as he used his now free hand to reach for a different pocket, pulling out several items of jewelry and setting them on the ground. "Will you let me go now?" He asked.

"Tch. Not a chance." I replied.

Long story short, I called the cops on the guy and waited till I heard the sirens, then ran out of the alleyway, grabbed my skateboard, and went home fast as I could. I could've stayed with the guy and tell the cops what happened, but I didn't really want to deal with that.

I don't think it's a good idea to show my face to any cops even remotely close to where I used to live. I'm not going to risk it.

The guy got arrested, the store got it's jewelry back safe and sound, and all was good. When I got home, I apologized to Aki about slamming the door earlier, but he just shrugged it off, instead completely focused on why I had rushed out of the house to begin with. I explained what happened, he thought it was cool, the way I handled the situation.

Yeah, I'm pretty cool.

I proceeded to go to the bathroom down the hall to clean up the cut the criminal gave me. It wasn't too severe of a cut, but it still needed to be treated.

Besides, I have plenty experience when it comes to treating cuts.