Chapter 4

Once we got home, I stayed out in the living room with my mom talking about therapy. Apparently, not only do I have to go to therapy sessions once a week, every Saturday to be exact, I also am going back to school starting next week. Tomorrow is Thursday, and I'm going back to school on Monday... the last thing I want is to go back to school. I sighed. I'm now in my room, laying on my bed, thinking about my most recent failure. Well, that, and also Kacchan. I have yet to turn my phone on and check my messages. I don't know why I'm hesitating, it's not like he answered my message, right?

I reached to my side and picked up my phone and sat up in my bed. I looked at my dark reflection on the screen for a moment before holding the power button to turn my phone on. I set my phone down while I waited for it to turn on. Waiting is torture, and I don't know why. I'm so anxious. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened my eyes again, the screen was on.

There was a notification that said "7 new messages"

I gulped. I slowly reached for my phone and picked it up. They're from Kacchan. I unlocked my phone and went to my messages. I clicked on his contact to read what he had sent.

Kacchan: OI! NERD!

Kacchan: DAMN DEKU WHAT DO YOU MEAN??

Kacchan: Deku.

Kacchan: Dammit. What the hell does that mean

Kacchan: You're such a dumbass, you know that?

All those were from the other day, when I first texted him. The rest were from yesterday, when I was still in the hospital.

Kacchan: I'm beating your ass when you come back to school.

Kacchan: why the fuck did you do it Deku

I almost felt bad. But, why did he care? He never cared about me before.

Oh.

I get it.

He only talked to me because I was going to kill myself. That was the only reason. If it was anything else, he wouldn't have given a shit. I'm assuming my mom had contacted Mitsuki, Kacchan's mom, and told her about what had happened. From there, she probably told Kacchan. Sigh.

Izuku: hey Kacchan

Surprisingly, he replied fairly quickly.

Kacchan: damn nerd. Why did you do it

Izuku: ...why did you think I did it, Kacchan? You should know, after all.

Kacchan: what? How the hell would I know why you were going to kill your damned self?

Izuku: that's just it, Kacchan. I don't want to be harsh, but it's the truth.

Kacchan: what are you talking about Deku?

Izuku: Kacchan...
Izuku: you see, it's mainly your fault. You should've known it would happen sooner or later. Did you really not realize? Did you seriously not realize what you were doing to me? What you've been doing to me all these years?

Kacchan: Izuku

I hesitated at that. Why would he use my first name? I cant remember the last time he used my real name... it was nice... in a sense.

Izuku: No. I have to go back to school next week, so, disappointingly, I have to see you again. I think you would've realized by now, but... Kacchan...
Izuku: I hate you.

He didn't answer after that. I wonder what's going through his head right now. I wonder how he feels.

Deep down, I wanted him to feel guilty. I wanted him to be sad. I'm glad I told him that it was his fault. He deserves to suffer.