Chapter 2

That night when I got home, my mom gave me a big hug as soon as I got through the door. I apologized for being out so late, and we ate dinner afterwards. Now, I'm in my room, quite literally contemplating my life. I know it would hurt my mom a lot. But...

That's it.

There's nothing much more than her that is keeping me here. It's around 11PM now. I've been laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling, thinking about the events of today. I decided to get up and go to my bathroom. I shut the door and looked at myself in the mirror.

Every time I look at my reflection in the mirror, I don't recognize who's staring back at me.

I opened the cupboard and grabbed the empty prescription bottle. I opened it and took out my trusted razor. I held it up in front of me and skillfully twirled it around in my fingers. I have a razor, I use it often, why not learn some tricks with it? You never know... it could come in handy one day.

I rolled up my sleeve on my left arm, revealing a long row of scars. Old and new. I brought my right hand down and drew a straight line on my skin. A line of bright red blood slowly seeped out of the fresh cut, and began to drip down my arm. The feeling was nostalgic. I placed the blade back on my arm on a different spot, and made the same motion.

Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Once I noticed the mess my bathroom had became, I rinsed off the blade and put it back where it belonged. I then proceeded to run my blood-covered arm under cold running water until the blood temporarily stopped seeping out from the cuts I had just made. After that I grabbed one of the many bandage rolls in the cabinet and wrapped my arm with it to make sure my wounds don't bleed through my clothes. After that I proceeded to clean the blood off of the floor and around the sink. Once I finished cleaning everything I turned the bathroom light off and laid back down in my bed. Tomorrow. I told myself.

Tomorrow I'm going to kill myself.

I smiled at the thought. Eventually I drifted off to semi-peaceful slumber, thinking about the eventful day I'll have tomorrow.

*The next morning

I woke up the next morning feeling fairly energetic. I made my way downstairs and was greeted by mom making breakfast for the both of us. We always eat breakfast and dinner together... I'll miss that for sure. I thought. But even so, I ate my food with a smile on my face, eventually making my way towards the door to leave for school.

"Goodbye, Mom! I'll see you after school!" I called out to her as I opened the door.

"Alright, bye, honey! I'll see you later! Make sure you're back here on time!" She called back. "I will!" I said before closing the door and making my way to school.

It's about a 20 minute walk to school, and I left pretty early so that I could enjoy my surroundings one last time before I died. The pretty colors mixed into the sky in the early morning, the nice breeze that blew throughout the quiet town.

I made it to class about 10 minutes early, and as expected, Kacchan was already there. I sighed as I walked into the near-empty classroom and sat down at my desk.  I tried my best to ignore his quiet insults from behind me, like I always do. The bell rang and the remaining students filed into the classroom. On with the day...

The rest of the day went smoothly. Or- as smoothly as it could've went, anyways. The same old bullying and abuse coming from Kacchan, same old homework, same old quiet walk home.

Once I got home, I was greeted by my sweet mother, who said that dinner would be ready in a few hours. Sad that I won't be here in a few hours... I thought as I trudged up the stairs and opened the door to my bedroom. I tossed my bag on the ground and changed into some comfier clothes. I fell down onto my bed and laid there for about 2 hours thinking about what it would be like after I died.