☼Chapter 31

31.

                      "What was that?" Dad asked, his chin was lifted towards the direction of the noise and he's got his scary dad face on.

"I dunno, I'll check it out," I hurriedly replied before excusing myself from the table and dashing out of the house, whatever it was I heard outside, I had a bad feeling about it. Usually my gut feelings are right, so I'd rather be the one to check it out for myself first.

What I saw actually surprised me. No wait, surprised was actually an understatement. There, standing right in the middle of the garden was a boy wearing a dark shirt, a guitar was slung across his body as he strummed to a supposedly romantic song.

I raised my brow at his direction, at the same time I was fighting off a smile. Who wouldn't when a guy as cute as Aiden Walker was out there in their garden singing a ballad just for you? My stomach was filled with butterflies but then I was reminded of my family, my dad most especially. What are they going to do when they see him here?

"What the hell are you doing?" I demanded in a harsh whisper, my heart starting to palpitate. Both from his gesture and the anxiety of the thought of my father coming out here.

"What does it look like I'm doing," Aiden replied just as he finished the song, "singing you a song of course. Did you like it?"

I felt like fainting on the spot. My cheeks felt hot and my heart was beating a bit louder inside my chest. Did he just say he was serenading me? Did past Asia felt this way when Aiden sang her a song before? Oh my holy...

"Who's out there Asia?" I heard my father say from inside and I was suddenly brought back to reality.

I started to panic and ran towards him, pushing him towards the gate, "Aiden you're really sweet and all but my parents are here, unless you want to get skinned-"

"Wait, here me out," he said as he took my wrist, "I haven't even asked you the question yet?"

"What question?" I replied, but deep inside I was filled with an overwhelming wave of emotions. What was his question? How am I supposed to answer it? I shook my head, disappointed with myself, "can you just ask me next time? Now is not exactly the best time Aiden."

"Hang on," Aiden said, stopping me from pushing him any further. He dug into his jean pocket and took out a piece of paper.

"Will you please, please go to the ball with me?" He asked as he opened the paper, showing a neatly scribbled note with the words, 'Will you go to the ball with me? (I WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER)'

My mouth hung agape. Aiden just asked me out to the ball! I can't believe it. I stared at him for a while. 'Come on tell him , yes!' My mind kept yelling and my heart kept pounding. Unfortunately nothing came out. I shamefully just blinked at him, with my mouth hanging open.

"A, Am I rejected or something?"

'No, no you are not rejected! Come on Asia don't be stupid, say yes!' My inner voice said in panic and desperation."I-" 

"Asia!" I was just about to say it but then the sound of my name made me jump on my toes and Aiden to turn to the direction of the voice. My heart was racing and my mind was failing to come up with an excuse as to why Aiden was here.

"What are you two up to?" I turned to see my sister's ever annoying face. It was a relief nevertheless.

"London." I sighed in relief, "I almost thought you were dad."

She chuckled at this as she walked towards us, "you're lucky it's just me then."

"Asia, London what's taking you so long?" I heard dad's voice and the screeching of a chair from inside. Why the hell must Aiden pick the side that's close to the dining hall?