☼Chapter 33 [The Revelation]

33.

I stared into the blank white walls, occasionally shifting my gaze towards an off white wall clock that looked terribly out of place against the clean sterile white walls. Beside me was the IV fluid dripping in a constant imaginary monotone that seemed to deafen me more than Emerald's voice from the other side.

"Asia, I'm really sorry. I admit, I was stupid and overly dramatic but I never meant to hurt anyone, please talk to me," she said as she tugged on my arm.

I continued to pretend that I didn't hear her, my eyes still glued to the boring walls. My fingers were intertwined with Aiden's. I'm glad I could still feel his warmth. I thought we almost lost each other there for the second time.

"Asia, you can shout at me glare at me curse me forever but please don't ignore me. I can't take it." She continued to shake my arm but I was too mad and shock to even push her away.

I ran after her and her stupid little drama. I didn't even notice the vehicle right in front of me. She screamed my name and just when I thought I would be taken by the bright light, a body pushed me to the ground and I took him down with me.

Aiden's arm took the blow and we both fell to the ground. I was so relieved that my chest was able to cushion his head. At least now he was lying in a hospital bed with a broken arm...at least.

He was still sound asleep, I suppose, to numb the pain. His breathing was even, despite the cast on his arm that was slung against his chest. He looked beautiful, angelic and I was so glad he's still alive.

"Asia," Emerald started but she was interrupted when the door burst open, revealing my mom's very worried expression, my father, my sister and her fiancé trailing behind her.

"Mom?" I stood up, surprised. What the hell were they doing here?

She approached me and embraced me in her hug. I have to admit, I missed her hugs and her kisses. The kind of tender loving care only mothers can give. She was still holding tightly and I felt a sudden burst of nostalgia as I remembered her hugging me as tightly when I fell off my bike, the same heartbreaking hug she gave me when I left home.

"Your brother called, he said you're in the hospital. We were so worried. What happened? Are you hurt? Why is Aiden lying on the hospital bed? Did you call his family?" She bombarded me with questions I didn't know which one to answer first.

From behind her, I saw London rolling her eyes as she pulled Sam and Dad out of the hospital room, leaving mom alone with me. I carefully glanced back at Emerald and I was so glad she stood up and went out of the room as well. At least my mind wasn't on the verge of exploding in front of her face anymore.

"Mom, Claude is a total moron, he didn't tell you why I'm in the hospital?" She shook her head and I heaved a sigh in disappointment. My brother just made our parents worried for nothing. I ushered my mother to where Emerald sat, before I answered her questions, beginning with how we ended up in the hospital.

My mom gave me a sad smile and I hugged her in return. I was just glad to have someone to talk to, I was glad to have been able to let it all out, "thanks mom."

When we broke away from each other, my mother once again smiled at me, "you're lucky you have him."

I let out a nervous laugh, "yeah if he didn't jump in to save me-"

"No darling, you're lucky to have a boy like Aiden to love you like that. Nobody is perfect A and he may have done something before that pushed us to avoid him but he proved that he really loves you. No person would jump in front of a vehicle if he didn't love a person in the first place."