☼Chapter 23

23.  

             Now that that whole impromptu Aiden date fiasco  is over, I can finally get back to what I was meant to be doing and that is figuring out our, erm, past. So people like Cade or even my twin brother Claude started asking me, why don’t I just ask Aiden Walker?

Well the answer is not so simple but the idea here is that, this is something personal. I don’t want to find out stuff about me clouded with how Aiden saw me-or us for the matter. I wanted my memories back and I want to do it without influence. Or maybe I’m secretly just masochistic and wanted to make life more difficult for me I don’t know.

My best friend Emerald snapped her fingers in front of me. Yeah, I think I kind of blacked out.

“So what do you think?” She asked her smile so bright and she seemed so giddy I automatically felt guilty for actually not being able to listen to what she said.

“I’m sorry Ems what was that?” I replied, shame blooming inside me.

She sighed but gave me a tight smile, “you’re doing it again A. You’re obsessing over this it’s getting really unhealthy.”

“I’m sorry, look just say it again I swear I’ll listen this time,” I answered.

Emerald held her hands up and muttered an okay, “I was saying that Ezra, the guy I told you about,” she paused and studied my confused expression. Right, I remembered her telling me something about a crush. I can’t believe I forgot, I’m such a horrible friend, “you know, Ezra from the play Dahlia got me into?”

I smiled at Emerald, “oh right, Ezra  you’re crush,” I said with a little giggle.

“Really A?” She replied in disappointment.

“He is your crush right?” I hung my head in shame.

“You know sometimes, I wonder if you still want to be my friend,” Emerald’s tone started to sound hurt and mad at the same time. Oh, I knew she was mad as she stood up and grabbed her bag quite forcefully.

“Wait, Emerald let me explain,” I said as I grabbed her hand, “I’m really sorry Ems. I’m not asking you to understand me or anything I know it’s my fault for not paying much attention to you now. I just wish I could make it up to you.”

Emerald gave me an evil smile. The woman just used my fatal flaw against me and I just can’t help but forgive her because I know I wasn't being such a nice friend to her lately too.

“Okay so I’m gonna tell you this once more so you Asia Gertrude Cassidy better listen up or else I’ll saw your ears with a rusty knife and replace you with an armadillo as a best friend,” Emerald said and I knew she was serious because she just addressed me with my full name and the fact that she’s willing to replace me with an armadillo. I mean no offence to armadillos or anything but they’re well, they’re armadillos I think they don’t do much.

Emerald sat down and she got animated, “so Ezra you know.”

“Yeah, the theater guy,” I interrupted.

“Yeah the theater guy, so while I was about to walk out of Chemistry class and he was about to get inside, he sort of kind of stopped me along the way. I told him that I need to hurry up because I don’t want to be late for Advanced Trigonometry but he insisted. He said it would only take up ten seconds so well I allowed him to take me to the side.”

I nodded my head, encouraging Emerald to go on with her story and I could tell we were getting to the best part because she started to squeal and she started to take a hold of my wrist a bit too tightly.