☼Chapter 4

4.

"I can't believe this," Emerald whispered to me , "how am I supposed to compare Miranda and Fernando's love story to Romeo and Juliet's?" She asked, she sounded like she was about to cry. I can't blame her, I found this activity hard as well, we're not really the kind you can consider bookworms.

I smiled at her demise, "Ems, I'm pretty sure its Miranda and Ferdinand."

"Whatever."

Mrs. Mackenzie sent us to the library to read about Shakespeare's The Tempest and answer some questions about it. Mrs. Mackenzie, our Literature teacher is simply a European Literature fanatic; more specifically she's a Shakespeare fanatic and when scenarious like these occured, Aiden seemed to be the only one enjoying the talks about Shakespeare and Sonnet 18 and whatever.

Ethan and Aiden entered the library, both of them were in my Literature class. I waved my hand at them and Ethan beamed at me, Aiden on the other hand ignored my greeting. What's up with that moron? I was in the mood to be nicer to him after what he has done for me the other day, now he's ignoring me. What an ass.

Ethan walked towards our table, Aiden lagging behind him. Emerald rolled her eyes at me, "since when were you close with those two?" She asked.

"I dunno, they just befriended me all of a sudden," I said in reply.

She snorted and shut her book close, "I don't want to be seen around those two, so good luck to you and I'll just go over there and share a table with Dahlia Pickett," she said as she stood up.

"They're not that bad Ems, they're cool well maybe Ethan is. You should really get to know them," I replied. I wanted her to befriend them as well and maybe Aiden can share his secret with Emerald so that I won't have to carry the burden of his deepest darkest secret by myself, but who was I kidding? Emerald hated Aiden down to the bones.

Emerald gave me an apologetic smile, "maybe next time A," she said as she gathered her stuff and moved to Dahlia Pickett's table.

"Why did your friend leave you?" Ethan said as he took a seat in front of me.

"She doesn't want to be seen around you," I replied nonchalantly.

Ethan shook his head, glancing over the table where Emerald was sitting with Dahlia, " that's a pity," he said, "it would be nice to get to know her."

'That's what I said'

" Hey Aid, isn't that your latest ex-girlfriend?" Ethan asked. He snickered as he poked Aiden's side. Right, Dahlia Pickett was Aiden's last girlfriend, before we made our deal.

Aiden rubbed the side of his head. "Don't remind me," he muttered. It's so weird to be with Aiden when he's not Aiden-ish, it's like he's a totally new person.

"I'll go get a book," he said as he stood up and walked towards the Literature section of the Library.

"What's up with him?" I asked Ethan.

He shrugged his shoulders and blinked, "I dunno, but I guess something's bothering him."

"You don't say."

"Well, he was his usual self this morning, talking about stuff..."

"What stuff?"

"That's a secret."

"Mean, I thought we were friends."

"We are, it's just some guy talk A, nothing important. As I was saying, he was acting normally a while ago but when we got here in the library he just well, he became like that," Ethan replied.