☼Chapter 9

9. 

                       "Rise and shine Sleeping Beauty!"

I peeked through squinted eyes from under my duvet, watching my silly brother bounce up and down on the corner of my bed. I hated mornings like this when I'm in a middle of a dream and someone, most likely my brother, bluntly wakes me up with unceremonious shouting and jerking.

" Whadya want?"  I said in a middle of a yawn.

"I want you to wake up A! Today's Pep Rally day," Claude replied, his tone too  giddy for my liking.

"Did you know that you just ruined an amazing dream?" I said, as I sluggishly pushed myself into a sitting position, "that kind of dream you can actually turn into a brilliant novel?" I added, still in the middle of ridding sleep from my eyes.

Claude rolled his eyes at me but I didn't mind, at least he was not jerking my bed anymore, "yeah right," he replied. I was seriously hoping he would turn around and get out of my room, that way I could peacefully go back to sleep but no he didn't, instead the corner of his mouth twitched upward into a sly smile, "so tell me more about this novel-worthy dream of yours?"

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I said, quite freaked out at his sudden change of facial expression.

"Did you happen to dream about a certain raven-head with blue eyes?" He asked with a cocked brow, the annoying grin on his face was starting to resemble the Cheshire cat's smile.

 'No way Jose!'

 "What are you talking about Claude? I was so not dreaming about Aiden," I said, as I forced a laugh and there was no way I was being defensive.

' Although I wouldn't say he didn't sort of made an appearance in my dream.'

"Right," Claude replied, still looking unconvinced, "you do realize that I didn't mention any name, right?"

I felt my cheeks heat up, "ohh, you didn't?" I replied in a sudden realization of my complete and utter stupidity, "but who else would fit into the raven-head-blue-eyes category?" 

Claude smirked at me, quite happy I presume that he got the better of me once again, "well, there's Ezra Levine, the school's drama president, and also Ronnie Potter, the school mascot, and the- "

"Yeah, yeah," I said, cutting him off. I was so not in the mood for this.

"So you're admitting that you were dreaming about a certain Aiden Walker?" He said, nudging his elbow at my side. I didn't even notice that he was already standing at my bedside.

"Hell to the no, Claude... hell to the no," I replied as I pushed him away from my bed.

Claude was enjoying himself fairly well, as he laughed with hands on his belly. I could see the tears building up at the sides of his eyes.

'This must be the most hilarious thing, he'd ever encountered in his life,' I thought bitterly.

I gawked at him as he laughed his way out of my room. I was almost relieved that he was finally out of my sight before his face made an appearance at my doorway once again.

"So were you really dreaming about him?"

That was the last straw. I picked the first thing I could get my hands on and threw it at Claude's direction, but due to his athletic reflexes he was able to duck at the right moment, sending the unknown object flying to only God knows where.

There was a 'plunking' sound, barely audible from here, which resembled the sound of a frying pan or something metallic hitting a body part, perhaps the head. I should've known what happens next.