☼Chapter 32

32.

I sucked in my stomach as I examined myself in the mirror. I've never felt so nervous about wearing a dress before. I bit my lip as I looked down on my chest, a little bit conscious about how the dress hugged my breasts. Did...did my breasts grow bigger, or did I underestimate the dress' fit on me?

I blew a stray hair away from my face and looked up at Emerald from the mirror. She was my hairstylist and makeup artist at the moment and I could tell she was enjoying herself as she curled my hair, I mean we've been this way for the last two hours.

"What is my best friend thinking about?" Emerald pulled my hair back gently so I was looking into her bright Emerald eyes.

I heaved a sigh, "nothing important," I mumbled, "but does this dress make me look fat?"

Emerald stared at me like I was a crazy person before shaking her head, "you know what, he'll still love you no matter what?"

I raised a brow but I couldn't deny that my cheeks were burning up at what she just said, "you know what, just hurry up," I said as I waved her off. She just laughed at this and returned to styling my hair.

Emerald was happy, I could tell and it's not just a short kind of happy where you made a really cheesy joke and succeeded in making your best friend laugh. It's the kind of happy that emanated from the heart. Well, I have a hunch it's because my brother asked her to prom. Being the good friend that I am, I decided not to tease her about it...not yet.

"Voila," Emerald exclaimed as she finished my hair by pinning a lilac flower on it that matched my dress, "what do you think."

"Oh my gosh Emerald Delaney," I said as I marveled at my hair from the mirror, "this is perfect." Emerald shrugged in reply as I continued to examine my hair. It was a complicated do with a half up half down kind of style that fell towards my left shoulder. It was curled in a way that it looked braided but it actually wasn't. I got up from my chair and gave Emerald a hug.

"Okay Cassidy, don't ruin my make up," she giggled as she pushed me away lightly.

I heard laughters from downstairs so Emerald and I decided to sneak out silently. We wanted eavesdrop on them a little, but Emerald claims she just wanted a grand entrance. I carried my deep purple heels in between my fingers just so it wouldn't make any unnecessary noise, Emerald on the other hand need not to do it since she's pretty skilled in walking silently anyway.

"Maybe it would've been more romantic if you brought your own ride Claude," I heard Sam's voice say.

There was an awkward pause before I heard London's reply, "well dear, we couldn't trust this idiot with the wheel ever since that day."

Claude gave an embarrassed laugh and I was momentarily stumped at their conversation. I knew Claude didn't drive and he said it was a secret, he said it would hurt his manly ego, so I had to let him off. Does London know the reason why? I tried to shake the weird thought off. Maybe London's just teasing my twin as usual.

We finally entered the living room but London, Sam, Claude and Aiden were still busy chatting.

"Am I right Walker?" London asked, smiling way too cheerfully at Aiden.

Aiden tried to avoid London's stare and his eyes found mine instead. I tried to stop myself from smiling at his shocked expression.

"Holy...shit," he muttered a bit too loudly that his companions heard and turned their heads toward us. I smiled at them before realizing that I was waving my heels at them in greeting. Okay, pathetic.