☼Chapter 27

27.

After London gave me the flash drive, I immediately transferred the music files to my phone and since then, I've been listening to the tracks during my spare time. Now, I'm once again listening to his songs while walking around the house trying to find my car keys. Technically it is Cade's car keys but he said I could use it since Sadie was back at my parent's house.

Right Cade, maybe he knows where it is. I tried knocking on his bedroom door but it seemed like he wasn't there. I tried calling out to him everywhere in Sam's big mansion but it seemed like I was the only one home this Saturday.

I sighed as I glanced at my wrist watch. Emerald was expecting me at the mall by eleven and now she might kill me for being late. I decided to walk out to the garage instead. Maybe I left the keys on a jar or under the mat or something. When I got there what I saw was Cade tinkering something. Beads of sweat were rolling down his forehead and it looked like he was really focused at whatever he was doing.

"Cade? What are you doing?"

He jumped in surprise and looked at me as if he wasn't expecting me to be there, "hi Asia, you're not supposed to be here."

I raised my brow, "why am I not supposed to be here?"

Cade scratched the corner of his head and sighed, "Sam's planning to propose to London. He doesn't want you to know because you might say something about it to her."

I wasn't able to control my excitement at the news, "really? Oh my gosh that's wonderful. I'm so happy, I'm just wow, London and Sam they're like my OTP," I rambled.

It was Cade's turn to raise his brow, "OTP?" He muttered, quite clueless, "anyway you must promise not to tell anyone, not even Claude."

My face fell, "aww but why can't I tell anyone?"

"Because Sam said it's a surprise," he replied with a wink.

"Wait, you're still not answering my question."

"What was that again?" Cade said as he went back to his work.

I walked closer to him and pointed at the project he was working, "what are you doing?"

Cade laughed and wiped his hands with a towel that slung on his shoulder. When I look at Cade this way, he doesn't look like a son of a rich family, he doesn't even look like a future doctor. He looks like an ordinary boy doing ordinary dirty boy stuff.

"This? Oh it's just a painting of London," Cade said in a shy voice, "Sam wanted to give her something unique and he asked me to paint her. Do- do you think it's okay?"

I went closer to the painting and marveled at the portrait of London, "wow Cade, this is beautiful."

"You sound surprised, it must be really good and that's a good thing because I don't want to fail Sam," he replied, his voice full of pride.

I smiled up at him and back to the painting. Cade was really good. Normally I don't appreciate paintings that much but this, this is more than just a work of art, more than just a gift. This was London and she's breathing and Cade captured all that in a canvas.

"I didn't know you could paint," I finally said, still amazed.

"I think I'm okay," Cade said with a little chuckle, "do you think I could make millions by doing this?"

I punched him lightly on the shoulder, "seriously? You already have billions and you're not even doing anything yet."

Cade stared not at me not even at the painting, "Not yet, but someday I'll earn a dollar all on my own and not from the wallets of my parents," he said more to himself than to me. He then looked down at me and smiled, "what were you doing here by the way?"