☼Chapter 1 [[THE SECRET]]

1.

I woke to the sight of blank white walls and the smell of the sterile clinic filling my nostrils. 'What was I doing lying around here? Crap, why can't I remember a thing.'

I racked my brains in a desperate attempt to remember why I ended up on one of the clinic beds but nothing came up--poof--nada.

"Oh, you're awake," a voice said, his tone was bored and sarcastic it was as if he preferred it otherwise. I shifted my glance to the side of my bed. His raven black hair caught my attention and it bothered me how such lovely blue eyes could belong to such a person.

I realized then that this would be the least likely situation I want to get caught up in because of all the people I could see after I woke from an apparent fainting moment, I had to see him. Aiden Walker.

"Great," I muttered under my breath, "it's you."

He shifted in his seat, resting his foot on his knee, like my dad always did when he reads the morning paper, "ouch," he said faking hurt, "you should be glad I carried you here,even though you're as heavy as a cow" Aiden replied, the sides of his lips curled up into a mean smile.

I felt heat rising up my cheeks, how dare he? I didn't ask him to carry me, I didn't ask him to wait for me to wake up even, and most importantly what the hell was he doing in here, alone, with me? I glared at him as I allowed every fiber of my being to hate him-loath him. "I didn't ask you to carry me!" I half-screamed in anger, " and I'd prefer it if you keep your filthy hands away from me."

He stiffened in his seat and lowered his gaze at the floor but the odd thing was he didn't even shout back, nor did he gave me another sarcastic retort, I recalled my words and it occured to me that he might have thought that I was a bi-yatch, which I'm definitely not.

He allowed the eerie silence to fill in the ward and I heard nothing else except the ticking of the hut-shaped wall clock, which somehow reminded me of Hawaii.

"Is she awake?" Another voice spoke.

This time I can't see whose it from but I was familiar with his deep raspy voice and I can make a bit out of the silhouette outside my curtain, enough to know that it was from Ethan Gray.

"Tell everyone that he is secretly in love with me," his voice rung in my ears once again.

Oh God, that's when it hit me, the scene in the music room, my curiosity getting the better of me, the revelation of Aiden's true identity. I didn't notice that I was already staring at Aiden until he cleared his throat and answered Ethan, "yes...she's already awake."

Ethan took it as an invitation and appeared through the curtain that was blocking us from his view. "How's your head?" He asked casually as he walked towards the other side of my bed.

"It's not hurting that much now," I replied, giving him a faint smile.

"Good, I'm glad you're alright Asia," he said, returning a smile. I felt my insides tingle and came to a thought that, that's why I prefer Ethan, he's undeniably cute and kind, not to mention athletic and bright. I can't blame Aiden then for taking a fancy at him. I would probably like him too if he wasn't so mainstream.

I watched Ethan make eye gestures at Aiden through my peripheral vision, at first I thought they were flirting but then I realized they were doing something else, something I can't point my finger on, or maybe I was just imagining things.

"Um, Asia?" Aiden spoke a little afterwards. I shifted my gaze back at him and saw the embarrassment written all over his face. It was an emotion I can't imagine he ever had. "I'm s-sorry," I added, slurring the words a bit like the word 'sorry' was foreign to him or something, " I knew I was a jerk and all but please," he hesitated a bit, "please don't go around and spread it everywhere."