☼Chapter 6

6.

"I can't believe you got yourself pregnant!" Dad's screams echoed throughout the house. "You don't even have a husband or a freakin' job!"

"Watch it Dad," London replied,"I'm still working my ass off if you have to know."

Dad was holding his spoon tighter than ever and I'm pretty sure if that spoon had eyes, it would've probably popped out by now.

"You work as a waitress in a Pizza parlor," Dad said in that sort of judgmental tone that can get on anyone's nerves sometimes.

I eyed Claude with fear and anxiety but he held a finger to his lips. I understand, we're the worst for being the bearer of this news.

My brother and I told our parents about the pregnancy test at breakfast, and you could just imagine the fit my father had once he learned it wasn't Mom's but London's.I swear I've never seen my Father so angry before.

Ever heard of Mt.Pelée eruption? Well I haven't experienced a volcanic eruption before but thanks to my cool yet nerdy friend, National Geographic, I could easily compare Dad's blowing up to one of the strongest volcanic eruptions in History.

My parents, most especially Dad went berserk, like what I've said he exploded like a dormant volcano finally waking to its call.

Breakfast was ruined for everyone, most especially London who looked at me like I ruined her life or something, in fact these were her exact words for me, "you're a life wrecker, you know that?"

"That's it, I'm sick of this family!" London said as she got up and turned away from the breakfast table, much to my father's distaste.

"London you get back here at once!" Dad demanded.

I got up and followed her, grabbing the sleeve of her sweater, "London I'm sorry," I said, "I-I was just trying to help."

"Help?" She snarled, "you may be a meddling twerp but guess what, I should probably thank you for buying me a ticket to Freedom."

She pulled her sleeve away a bit too harshly. I could see her jawbone fairly good which meant she was clenching her teeth. I'm sure she's not mad at me. Heck she isn't even angry.

London was sick of me. She despised my existence.

Dad was shouting profanities non-stop and Mom was crying, holding a hanky gingerly against her cheeks. How I wish I just kept my mouth shut.

Claude got up and held my shoulder. I thought he was supporting me, keeping me up but I could feel that he too was nervous.

"What do you think is gonna happen now?" He whispered.

I shrugged my shoulders in reply.

London came down the stairs bringing with her a suitcase. She was dressed in an extremely short mini skirt and thigh high boots. Something she shouldn't probably wear in a cold weather like this.

"Crap, she's not acting is she?" Claude muttered as he released me and rubbed the sides of his head.

Did he actually think that London was just acting?

London dragged her suitcase as she approached my brother and me, "you did this," London said in an accusatory tone, her teeth clenched, "the both of you."

"London, please don't do this," I said in a very small voice, I felt like crying now. I don't want her to think that I'm against her or something.

Sure, she may be the devil incarnate but she's still my sister. She is still family.

London turned away from us, dragging her case along with her. She didn't even glance at the table where our parents were sitting.