☼Chapter 13 [[ THE TRUTH ]]

13. 

                                         The stadium was filled with colors of gold and white, colors that represented the Haven Bell High Cheetahs and shades of blue and black representing our rival school, the Rosenhigh Honey Badgers. The game was minutes away from starting but the crowd was already cheering so wildly that I felt myself drown in their endless screams.

Ches, our mascot was very visible in the grounds as he did what he was good at which was breakdancing. I couldn't spot the other school's mascot which might actually be a good omen.

"Excuse me," I said to some random couple being indecisive whether to seat on the upper side or the lower side, I mean seriously I wish people would stop blocking the way. I was bringing with me a bag filled with fries for my twin brother who requested me to get him some and another bag for me and Hayley to share.

"Asia," Claude said as he tugged on my jeans from the seat below me.

"Have you seen Hayley?" I asked him as I high-fived with his friends and made myself comfortable on the seat above them.

"She said she would get Coke for you guys," he replied with a shrug as he took the other bag of fries from me and mouthing the words 'thank you'.

I was craning my neck, trying to find Hayley in the crowd until I finally saw her holding two cans of Coke in each of her hand. I raised my hand up in the air to try and get her attention. I was glad she saw my hand as she walked her way towards me.

"What took you so long?" I asked her as I accepted one of the Cokes.

"Long story hun, and it all started with how the stupid Vending machine ate my dollar," she replied.

I smiled at her and she smiled back saying, "I bet you all the dollars in my wallet that Rosenhigh will win today's match."

It actually made me laugh and I was very happy that I got to be friends with Hayley Young.

"The game is about to start where is Aid-" Hayley said before cutting herself off, "nevermind," she added and right on cue a hand landed on my shoulder.

"Just sit tight Walker, and pray that we win," I said without looking at him as I popped my can open.

"You're making the stupid bet again Hayley," Aiden said with a 'tsk' as he dug his hand into my bag full of fries.

"We never know Aiden, trustworthy intel has made its way to my ears that the Rosenhigh geeks has been training non-stop just for this game," Hayley replied as she too dug her hand in the bag for some fries.

"Shh, quiet you two," I said, "the game is about to start."

I glanced at Aiden and an ache longed in my heart, I hated it because I just couldn't understand what's going on with me. At lunch he told me that he liked me and I had to turn him down because he was confused and I didn't want to be confused with him. I did assure him though that if what he felt for me was real and all that, then maybe someday, but definitely not today. I'm glad he took it fine though, it would definitely break my heart if I hurt him that bad, and now that I think he has become a changed man.

"What are you looking at?" He asked with that signature smile of his.

"Nothing, just- nevermind," I replied.

"ARE YOU READY TO WATCH THE ULTIMATE GAME OF THE SEASON?" The commentator's voice boomed all throughout the stadium.

"Yeah!" The crowd answered him.

"WILL THE HONEY BADGERS FINALLY MAKE A COMEBACK AND BRING HOME THE BACON?"

A series of boos and yeahs were exchanged.