Prologue

Prologue

Asia recalled the words of hate and loathing properly in her mind as she stormed around the halls, practically placing one furious step in front of the other. She might not know Dahlia Pickett well but she sure was angry when she saw Dahlia in the library with her shoulders hunched and eyes filled with tears.

Asia has this natural habit of comforting and trying to listen to every crying girl she encounters and see to it that she helped them with whatever problems they had, mostly if the problems concerned love or friendship, and today Dahlia Picket was another damsel she needs to "un" distress. Asia absentmindedly grabbed a newspaper and made her way towards Dahlia who was clearly hiding in a corner and crying silently. Dahlia was one of the smartest girls in Senior class and had helped Asia a few times with Math so she felt that she owed Dahlia her time and her ears.

"What's the matter sweetie?" Asia asked in a soothing voice, wrapping her arms around Dahlia's shoulders.

"H-he broke up with me," Dahlia said as she sobbed against Asia's favorite shirt.

Asia needn't not ask more from the poor girl anymore as she was a hundred and ten percent positive on who the stuck up moron was because aside from news about Dahlia Pickett having a boyfriend buzzing around the campus last week, the past few days had been filled with heartbreaks and tissue papers that Asia had to listen to different girls from different levels and different social castes, all of them crying over the same monster: the self-proclaimed debonair romantic and chic magnet, Aiden Walker.

Asia could never understand why despite his despicable reputation many girls were still trying to get his attention and ignoring the risk of getting their hearts broken.

"That good for nothing butthole who thinks he can play with a girl's heart," Asia muttered under her breath as she made a turn towards the corridor leading to the music room, fist clenched on her sides.

"I swear on Dumbledore's beard that he'll never get away with this ever again," she said as she reached the room and extended her arm towards the door.

She pictured out herself kicking Aiden's behind and coming out the victor inside her head in HD and she felt that nothing can ever prepare Aiden from what was coming at him. Asia took a deep breath, "here goes nothing."

"Whatever, you know I'm not really into those chics," A low voice spoke from the other side, 'it's Aiden' Asia thought.

Her outstretched hand was floating in midair, a few centimeters away from the knob. Asia knew it was never right to eavesdrop but this was Aiden, there seems to be nothing right about him so she held back and decided she would listen more.

"You have to stop this play Aid," another voice spoke. It was from another guy although a bit raspier than Aiden's and he sounded desperate, "nothing good will ever come out of this so you better stop fooling around and hurting those poor girls."

Asia found herself nodding in agreement to whoever the guy was.

"So what do you want me to do?" She heard Aiden's voice rise as he replied to his companion, "go up the stage and expose what I truly feel and tell everyone that I..."

Asia waited for Aiden to finish but he added no more words to his statement, she felt anxious and was too caught up in her curiosity. Why didn't Aiden finish his sentence? What was this bad boy's secret? Too much possibilities and absurd conclusions crossed her mind that all her anger momentarily faded as she found herself twisting the doorknob and stepping inside the room.

The music room was only spacey enough to fit a grand piano, a cello, a couple of old guitars a shelf stacked with neatly arranged bugles and lyres and at the far corner the ever lonely drum set. Aiden was sitting near the window its golden curtains were drawn, preventing the afternoon sunlight from penetrating the room.

Aiden and the tall sandy-haired guy named Ethan Gray, the school football team's Running back and team captain, stood up and looked at her in horror, making her think that this was probably a bad decision, still there was nothing else she could do about it so she better do what she came in here for.

Asia crossed her arms and raised her brows at them, "and tell everyone what Aiden?"

Her heart was beating fast, when she thought about confronting him it felt right and she was confident about it, now that she was in this weird situation she didn't know whether it was right to crash into Aiden Walkers private moments.

She could feel her face heat up and it wasn't because she was embarrassed for her impulsiveness but because she was partially ashamed for coming in and joining in someone's sensitive conversation uninvited.

No one spoke a word until Ethan sighed and glanced at Aiden guiltily "Tell everyone that he's secretly in love with me."

The silence was back and Asia thought she could hear Aiden and Ethan's heartbeats along with hers. All these thoughts were zooming in across her mind and she doesn't have any idea how to stop them.

Aiden Theodore Walker was not into women.

That is a joke. They are just making fun of me.

Aiden is secretely in love with his best friend Ethan Gray

This is crazy. Unreal.

Aiden is gay.

No he can't be how can I explain everything he's done to those girls?

Asia felt nauseated as she touched her forehead. In that moment Asia Cassidy felt the air around her getting dense and the last thing she remembered were Ethan's words ringing in her ears,

"he's secretly in love with me."