☼Chapter 5

5.

I can't stop thinking about the other day when Ethan Gray brought me to Marcy's. We talked, and I learned a lot of stuff about him, like how he prefers Vanilla to Chocolate, his plans of taking up Engineering, or if given the chance he would rather be on the track team than on the football team .

I stared at him for a long time and I noticed that his eyes shifted from blue to green at times. What bothered me though, during our talk was how he spoke so nicely about Aiden, his bestfriend. It was as if he purposely said stuff like how hopelessly romantic Aiden was and once when he was so in love he went to the girl's house to serenade her, but everything changed and Aiden became the confused boy who dated girls around and eventually admitted he was in love with his best friend.

I didn't know what to make out of it. I didn't want to pity Aiden and let him out of the deal just because his bestfriend said he was "confused".

I made my way to the bathroom to have a quick shower, my evil sister was there standing by the stairway. "Been dreaming 'bout your boyfriend, twerp?" She asked. She was smirking yet her jaw was moving in a weird circular way; she must be chewing gum.

"Whatever London," I muttered as I walked past her.

I closed the bathroom door and settled on the toilet for a moment to just pass the time. I've been pondering a lot lately and that isn't a good thing, even for me. I closed my eyes and tried to see whose face appears when my eyes aren't open. There was a part of me that wished for it to be Ethan's but, there's someone else.

'Oh Cupid, not him.'

I opened my eyes abruptly and shifted my gaze to the trash bin, there's nothing else to see here unless I would risk watching mom's kitten cross-stich. Why'd she hang it inside the bathroom? I don't know and I never want to know.

Something narrow and white caught my eye and despite the disgusting wastes I stuck my hand in the trash bin and retrieved the narrow white stick which happened to be a pregnancy test. I gulped as I tried to remember what my mom said about this stuff.

'Gosh I remembered that whoever used this peed on this. Ew.'

I scrunched my nose, as if it would keep the germs away as I tried to check the test and saw two lines, although the other was purple and a bit faint I still can't help but feel nervous and excited at the same time. Whoever used this, most probably Mom was definitely and positively pregnant. I washed my hand and grabbed a zip lock from the medicine cabinet. I can't wait to show Claude that we're expecting another sibling next year.

"Dad, by any chance are we having a brother or a sister next year?" I calmly asked my father as he drove us to school.

"Why are you asking A?" He replied, his brows were furrowed as if he was confused and had no idea about it. I was not expecting his reaction to be like that, "do you want us to adopt?"

"Oh no, I was just uh-I was just wondering you know how it feels like to be an older sister." I replied. I made a mental note to slap myself once I arrive in school.

Claude snickered from the backseat. I should slap him later as well.

It was his brilliant idea to not bring the positive pregnancy test up at breakfast. "Maybe they want to surprise us, so let's just pretend not to know," he said. I observed Mom at breakfast. She was her usual bright and cheerful self, although London kept on excusing herself to the bathroom.

Hmm, fishy, very fishy.

"Is this about London again?" Dad asked. He was probably aware of her hostility towards Claude and me but mostly to me.