☼Chapter 22

22

                        I was there by the window, marveling at the room filled with pastel colored ball gowns. Ladies and gentlemen were dancing to a beautiful romantic melody and smiles and giggles enveloped the room. The round moon was peeking through large open windows, and there he was, in a stunning white tux, his hair combed into perfection, I felt even more self conscious as I figured that he was looking at me too. He held out his hand and I stared at it mouth hanging.

"Well, don't just leave me hanging here. That would seriously hurt my self esteem," he said in an attempt to be cocky but I was pretty sure he was nervous as well, unsure if I was going to reject him or not.

I let out a sigh, "well we wouldn't want that do we?" I replied with my own smirk as I took his hand, ashamed of the clamminess of my own.

He took me to the center of the room where the chandeliers hung like icy diamonds above us. A slow music started to play and the world around us felt like it was coming to a halt.

It was the perfect night, my hand on his shoulder and the other held in his own. His beautiful blue eyes shone brighter than the moon could ever shine and...

Asia, we have a situation!

I woke abruptly in response to my sister's boyfriend's cousin's voice shouting from outside my door. He sounded frantic, panicked that I decided to wake and leave the dream world behind with a sigh. Maybe my romantic fairytale dance with Aiden could wait. I would've felt repulsed if I dreamt of something like that weeks, months ago. Past me would be so disgusted of present me if she knew I was having a fairytale fantasy with Aiden Walker.

"Asia, help!" Cade shouted once more, snapping me out of my trance. I gave my cheek a gentle slap to keep me awake as I bolted out of my bed, hurriedly pulled a jacket over my shoulders and ran out of my room still trying to zip the first pair of jeans I could grab my hands on. I didn't even care about my uncombed hair or my aviator jacket over the shirt I wore in my sleep, to heck with making myself presentable.

"Cade, where is Sam?" I said in labored breaths after I practically ran down the stairs to find Cade carrying a pained looking London bridal style.

"He went out on an emergency meeting this morning," he said, still sounding panic. London groaned in his arms her hands placed over the swell of her belly.

"What do you want me to do?" I replied with an equally panicked tone, my arms flailing at my sides I probably looked like a baboon.

"Go get the car, and hurry!" Cade instructed.

"Alright, alright," I replied, still under pressure and panic as I dashed out of the house and into the garage with Cade following slowly behind me.

"Shit," London continued to curse and groan in Cade's arms. I continued to panic as I fumbled over the car keys, Cade then positioned London gently in the backseat and I looked at her through the rearview mirror, she really looked pained as she blew short breaths out of her lips.

As soon as Cade was settled in the front seat I immediately turned the engine on and drove the car out of the garage. We just hit the curb when a blow erupted from behind the car, I heard Cade curse for the first time as he turned his head backward to the sound of the blow.

I banged my head on the steering wheel when I noticed the engine starting to fail.

"Oh my God," I said, "what are we going to do now?"

"What about you push the car Hercules?" London said to Cade in a constrained voice.

"We don't have time for that," I panicked.