Thirty

Alcohol-Free

Alcohol-Free

A buzzing bar was never in one of her options and was even listed last among all her resorts, but she was here, taking her plenty of time, waiting. She doesn't dislike alcohol or liquor; the place is what made her think otherwise, indecisive of what to answer, but she always says yes.

"Really." She hissed, eyes running around the busy establishment.

Jeongyeon looked through her watch for the fourth time and counting, wishing it would strike eight, but it only had been stuck in the quarter. She has to wait for another fifteen minutes. Another fifteen minutes. She lingered once again, half thankful no one had noticed her sitting alone at the counter, a glass of mule on her hands.

"Let's have a bet."

"What?"

"Come on; a single bet won't hurt, right?"

"You shitheads came here to play? Why, aren't you a bunch of idiots."

She shouldn't be eavesdropping, but their giddy, almost cunning voices had caught her attention. And Jeongyeon agreed to the latter, a bet in the bar? They sure have the blast of the night-and she shouldn't be looking at the source of the conversation, but when she gazed at the side, near the corner of a cushioned seat, she saw three, no, four men hurdled beside each other. She'd almost believed it was just a petty bet among them, but she started to think the other way around when she met a pair of eyes; staring directly in her direction.

And her being fairly observant, there were another three men grouped on the latter end of the long counter in which she didn't give further interest afterward.

Jeongyeon subtly looked away, discarding the thought in her mind for a second.

"They should have told me they're running late." She murmured to herself, circling the glass in her fingers.

It was Sana's birthday, and she'd asked her to come, at least celebrate with their other friends. She should have said no, she should decline her offer, but she doesn't have the guts-or the complete audacity to shut her out, now that her puppy eyes and sweet voice always melted her demeanor.

"Don't kill the moment, Yoongi. You should get yourself a girlfriend for once; you're rusting into ages."

"Shut it, Jin. Go, play like a thirty-year-old man. Namjoon is here to wipe your ass, anyway."

God, she can't help it.

"At least, Hoseok and I have the decency to enjoy this night."

And there were set of laughter, one that dwelled into her skin that she was waiting in agony, alone with her mule. The longer their conversation went, the more the blasting music had drowned their voices into mere murmurs at the back of her head, and she had lost the interest to pry in when all she could think was the ticking of the clock and her slowly thinning patience. That was all she could think of, not until she was caught off the soft screech of a high chair beside her, the once empty chair, she noted.