Six

𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮

As he entered, the similar smell of liquor and smoke tickled his nostril that somewhat indifferently satisfied him. The dim lights soothed his nerves down as he made his way further inside. Jimin gives himself a reward, almost every night, he would visit the same bar to drink and be drunk and waking with a heavy hangover is not new to him anymore.

College life it is.

He pulled a chair and comfortably sat, and laid his arms on the surface of the bar shelf. He eyed through the numerous bottles of liquors on the shelves but he already got something in his mind. Jimin waited and lurked his gaze around the bar, watching as the place slowly fills up.

A familiar person came into view, wiping a newly washed wine glass and a small smile quickly painted his lips as he saw their regular customer in his normal stance.

"I thought you aren't coming here tonight?"

Jimin swiftly paces his head back upon hearing that familiar voice.

"Took you a while." He smirked and brushed his hair as an initial reaction.

Jimin nodded and swallowed, he continued.

"I got bored. And I can't sleep. This is the first thing that came into my mind." He answered, filling up the young man's question. "It's a busy night, isn't it?"

The bartender cleanly aligned the empty wine glasses in the appropriate place, folded the towel and flexed his arm to wipe the marble table. Jimin watched.

"Hm." Jungkook nodded. "I gotta work harder this time and fill the shifts until midnight. You know, bills are piling up."

They have known each other for a month already and often meet at night. From Jimin's point of view, Jungkook is a newcomer in this bar, starting off as a bartender. He lives in Busan but because of the financial crisis and to be able to sustain his own educational fee, he fled here in Seoul to start a living, both balancing his studies and part-time job. This is the only basic information Jimin knew about him. The man had been private about other things aside from work and study.

"You'll get through it," Jimin said, giving a shed of motivation.

Jungkook nodded, his face drooped down. If only he can.

"What do we get here this time?"

"A glass of beer and tequila." A smirk escaped Jimin's lips. "That will do."

"Arasso." The bartender chirped. "Coming right up."

As Jungkook craned back in preparing the drinks, Jimin turned around and interestingly watched the surrounding. Some similar faces came into his view, just another loyal customer they got. He eyed through a tall man across him. Namjoon, that's his name. Jimin remembered what Jungkook had said that he is a son of the Kim clan. A wealthy young man and a smart one too.

Jimin only nodded and diverted his stare away. His eyebrow creased because of a sudden thought in his mind. He should be in his apartment, doing what a college student should—studying, reading his notes even though he doesn't have one. They're having their examination tomorrow but he doesn't have the motivation right now. He's lazy to do anything but to drink.

"Here it is," Jungkook said, carrying a glass of beer and a shot of tequila.

Jimin faced him and silently sip the cold beer. It felt good in his throat. The bitter and rough texture as he swallowed filled up his cravings.

"Ya Jungkook," he called and moved his head in a certain direction.

"Who's that?"

Jungkook peered through the direction where the commotion is.