Nine

𝓢𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

I have been battling with the thoughts in my head these days. And to let you know, it took me few encouragements to give this to you...

Jimin plastered a plain look over the paper, feeling the smooth texture of the words. His eyes trembled, a glimpse of twilight reigned. A choke from his throat escaped without his will.

He swallowed.

 ❝Leaving you was the hardest and gravest decision I've ever made in my entire life, ever. Without any words, without any explanations... I'm an idiot—a fool. Whatever you call it. It had been tough, but I know, it must have been difficult in your part.

The room was illuminated by a shade of gold from the lamps in the nightstand. Shadow silhouetted over his features, his eyes, and nose, and lips.

Jimin bored his head down, struggling to keep his breathing normal.

 ❝I apologize for giving you heartache. I did not want to hurt you, Jimin. I never will. But knowing how tragic it had become, I have no other choice... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Leaving you, I regretted it so much to the point that I cry myself every night. But it's for the best. Whatever I do, remember, there's always a reason.

His eyes searched the entirety of the paper until the last words broke him.

 ❝I love you, Jimin.❞

-𝓙𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓰𝔂𝓮𝓸𝓷

A tear fell from his right eye as he maneuvered for air. And another from the left. Another. His whole body trembled, his vision blurred trying to read the words for the second time but all he could feel is pain... and longing.

Seven months and counting, she suddenly left without his knowing. Like rain that pours down and moves away. Unexpected. Jimin wanted concrete answers why. He contacted her endlessly—call her number numerous times in a day. Emailed her. Reached out to her friends but all he could get is nothing.

It was tragic... heart wrenching. First, he was pained and angered by it. He let his pride and ego took over him. But it only lasted in a short span of time. Months after she left, someone had come to him and laid the truth—but only a part of it.

Jimin mourns and almost cries every night whenever he remembers it. He didn't know. She never said. He regretted it so deeply he often drowns himself in alcohol to kill the pain. He is very much careless he never seen what it is about.

Now, she had sent him a letter. And all seems to clear... it made him feel more devastated that he ever be. As if he was stabbed in a back, a heavier feeling ascended. Strangling him... choking him.

He has to do something now.

A flick of a heartbeat rang the air. Jimin stood up, gathered his jacket and car keys in his left hand and the letter, tightly gripped in the right. Striding the hallway and to the door, outside his apartment.

It is nighttime. The wind whispered. He trudged inside and the engine growled to life. He was too focused he hadn't noticed he was driving too fast, ahead of the speed limits. A right turn in a corner. Another. And down the hill. The lights of the building gleamed brightly ahead. Seeing this, Jimin parked at the side, minutes after he arrived.

A knock came and he slipped inside, too fast for someone to ever notice.

"Hello. Good evening." Jimin greeted, catching up with his breathing.