Twenty

Promise

Jeongyeon snuggled herself on the bed. She could feel the cottony fabric on her skin which she found comfortable; she could drag herself into a deep slumber once again. But she remained her eyes close. This opportunity can't be missed. She had been working non-stop and she rarely finds herself in a vacation even though she eagerly wants to. Just a day or two will be great. But it's a calling—she was immersed in her work that either way is fine for her. She was happy. She cocooned herself further, a small smile painted her thin lips.

She felt arms snaked her waist, warm underneath her bare skin.

She mused a satisfied smile. This is even great, she said to herself.

Jeongyeon slowly opened her eyes and a sudden sharp headache came through her. She slightly winced of the pain. Was she really drunk that night? Dizziness consumed her for a short time and once her vision cleared, it came spiraling in. She gazed at the blank ceiling, trying to clear off the discomfort and she felt much better after. She could still feel the weight on her waist. Warm. Maybe a pillow.

She heard a short grunt.

A groan, louder this time.

Then came mumbling words she can't understand.

Confusion was evident on her. Her eyebrows creased as if something truly bothered her. She turned her head—at the side to where the voice is. At the same time, his eyes flanged open and for a moment, they exchanged blank stares that was abruptly changed into puzzlement. Into complete shock.

Both scurried away from each other. As if one's presence irks them.

Jeongyeon almost choked; her throat tightens. As an instant reaction, she backed away from the bed. Stumbled through the table near her. Her heart was beating fast. She is completely awake and she know she isn't dreaming. She then quickly covered herself with the blanket she's holding, too much skin from her night clothing. She gazed at the person on her bed—it's a man... a guy. She can't mutter a word... she was flabbergasted.

"What are you doing here?!" She questioned; her voice raised.

Jimin was half-naked. He can't process the whole situation yet because of the endearing effect of alcohol in his head. It was aching badly and all he could do is to look at her in return—clueless as she is. He rested his back at the head of the bed, muffling his hair. He pretty much doesn't remember anything last night, just a few fragments but this, he can't even recognize a thing. Of how he ended up not being on his bed, but rather, on someone else's.

He groaned and gazed at her. She was waiting for a response but all he could see worry in her eyes.

"Did you and I... you know?" Jimin teased. That is all he could say. "You know what I mean." He continued, as if, the situation doesn't bother him.

Jeongyeon's eyes widen. Realization struck her. She suddenly feels a knot in her stomach. Oh no no no no. Did something happen between them last night? Alcohol and liquors play a tricky game in everything and you end up regretting when the time comes. Jeongyeon quickly checked herself. She feels alright and there hadn't been anything unusual she feels. She gazed around, there are no scattered clothes, perhaps, it was neat like the first time she had entered the room.

"I should be asking you that." She said in stern tone, calmer. "I don't remember anything. Did you drug me?"

She wasn't supposed to say the last sentence but it came rushing in.

Soft chuckle tingled her ears.

"Relax." Jimin cooed and got up from the bed. His upper torso was perfectly toned and for a moment, Jeongyeon can't tear her stare away.