Thirty-One

Sparring

Sparring

"Yoo Jeongyeon!"

Well, it's for the moron to show up exactly to ruin her almost-perfect morning, she thought annoyingly. But she didn't turn around to acknowledge him or send him daggers through her eyes like she usually does. She's not buying it, not the slightest — the man was a total pain. A nuisance. And his overflowing confidence had itched her to the core. If she'd considered herself stubborn, he's a hundred times worse than she could imagine.

"Spar with me."

"Not today."

"Oh, please," Jimin snorted, walking towards her spot. He noticed the splayed bandages on the floor mat, the bottle of water, and her already in their training clothes.

"I'm leaving." Jeongyeon uninterestingly said and faced him with a blunt welcome.

"Stop making excuses." He said. "You'll wrap your hands with a bandage, and start punching that bag of sack right over there." He pointed at the other side. "You're only starting your morning routine. So, spar with me."

Jimin flashed a smug smile, believing he had won the conversation when she thought he had to make his argument better than that. For Pete's sake, Jeongyeon wouldn't even last that long with him around. He's intolerable, self-centered, and fuming with confidence, traits she doesn't let seep on her skin. If she has the audacity, Jeongyeon might have already taken the chance to downright spat in his face how she hated him, so much — but she had no right over that, now that he's one of the most skilled agents they have.

One reason she can't go against.

"We're the only ones here." He placed a hand on his hip, circled around her. "Always the early birds."

"That's right." She pressed, "And I get to share this room with you, what a pity."

"You hated me that much, huh?"

"Yeah," Jeongyeon muttered, successfully covered both of her hands with a bandage. She walked past him, treading across the spacious room without much taking a single glance at him.

"Why so?"

"Stop bothering me, Park."

"Why do you hate me so much, Yoo?" He pressed, watching her back as he followed behind, not failing a single step.

"You really want to hear why?"

"Yeah."

"Hah," Jimin heard the sarcasm in her voice, which had grown into amusement at the edge of his lips. "You're really asking for it. Well, here's the chase Jimin."

Jeongyeon turned around, stood a few inches from him. He thought she'd be intimated of his steady gaze, or of the distance they currently share, but she stood her ground. Not fazed by anything. Almost fiercely. One reason that tickled his growing curiosity for the woman.

"You're a jerk." She simply said. "You're an asshole. And you think you could make your way around things, around everyone just like that, well, I guess you're wrong... and you're short." She added the last statement as an afterthought she doesn't want to miss.

"Short?"

"Yes. And your height isn't the only thing that lacks." Jeongyeon masked a silly smile, that later turned into a competitive glare. Eyes travelling downwards, she said, "You're short down there too."

Of all the remarks he'd been expecting, this one nailed a hole in his ego. Jimin huffed an unbelievable exhale, put both of his hands on his waist out of the embarrassment she pulled from him. She stayed unbothered, but deep down he sensed that she noticed his reaction — he isn't hard to read, and that's what he hates about her. She reads him like an open book.

But today, he won't allow her.

It was fast, in a blink of an eye, as he brought her down with only a matter of seconds. Jeongyeon felt the impact on her strained back and head and wished she hadn't been shaken that badly, but the concern over her health was put to the side when he straddled her with his strength. Capsulated in both of his knees, his eyes digging into hers as his face as she remembered, was closer than before. Even if she tried to free herself, he was strong.

"Did I succeed in insulting you?" Jeongyeon managed to say, evidently struggling within his hold.

"Think so." Jimin answered honestly.

"That's good then." She said with a weary breath.

"But I'm not the only one who would go home with something to remember."

"What do you —"

Before she could ask what he meant, Jeongyeon felt his lips on hers. Softly. Unexpectedly. And when she thought this might be the worst day she got, she watched him watched her interestingly. Smiling like a lunatic, like he did win her over.

"You bastard."

"Add that to the list." Jimin said, finally getting on his feet with a triumphant smile. Like he had done it so easily. So easily. Jeongyeon plopped on her elbows watching him leave but before she could stand to pour her anger to the innocent punching bag, and go over the situation many times, she saw him turned back around.

"Oh, and by the way, you look cute when you blush."

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

aaaah. just a short one! <3