Twenty-Two

Best Friend

The lights from the disco ball were wildly dancing around the bar in various colors. And loud blasting music was coming from the large speakers, connected to every corner. Everybody seems to be enjoying the moment with their hands in the air, jumping with every beat of the music, headbanging with friends. The DJ teasingly paused with a small smirk and yelled, 'are you ready?' then the hype began.

It was a good night.

Not until a group of friends, at the near table at the latter corner, looked pretty much distressed. They were wasted, they have been partying for too long and was idly resting on their table, waiting to call it a night. Their makeups were slightly smudged from the side but were still presentable enough. There were plenty of glasses on their table, some were emptied, some were not and they want it to remain that way.

Jihyo was watching from the table, looking at the dancefloor—looking at a certain person. Then her expression changed, she gazed over her shoulder with a sly grin.

"What happened?"

"What do you mean 'what happened?'" Momo returned the question, very much clueless.

"Look at her." Jihyo mused and pointed her face towards the direction where everyone is dancing. "She looks so... different. She looks like a madwoman."

Despite the tingling tease of alcohol, she can still think straight and manage to exchange conversation. Just a little bit tipsy. But the woman in front is the complete opposite.

"Ah." Dahyun squeaked, a proud smile painted her lips. "What's wrong with that? She's having so much fun. She's drunk... really drunk so no need to worry. She won't remember a thing tomorrow."

All their gazes fell at the front once more and the sight was chaotic. Jeongyeon was dancing without a care in the world. She was jumping, putting her hands in the air, and was laughing like a maniac. She wiggled her eyebrows as she neared towards a group of men and pouted her lips with a tease, they all stop for a moment with interest. She bit her lip for a second, then smacked their shoulders without any second doubt like an idiot. She then released a good laugh, almost, her nostrils came flaring in. The men backed up with horrid expressions.

"Well, look at their faces!" Nayeon chuckled loudly, placed her hands on the table with a loud thud. "Woooh! The power of Yoo Jeongyeon!"

Sana laughed with her and they were enjoying every bit of it. This is the only time they can make jokes about her without her knowing. And they considered it a blessing.

Jihyo seemed to be unamused, she didn't smile. Nayeon and Sana quickly got the idea and they hastily stood from their seats.

"Alright, we'll get her."

Tzuyu followed behind to help.

It was a tough job to pull her out from the dancefloor. The three of them were having a hard time encouraging her to stop already, they even said they'll be heading home anytime soon which is true, but she opposed, drowned too much by the alcohol. They have no other choice but to drag her out even though she's whining like a baby. It took them a while to sober her up and it was really a hard process before they reached the entrance of the bar, waiting for a ride home.

Jeongyeon pouted her lips, not bothered by their silence.

"Yah! Why do you have to do that?! Don't you see I'm flirting with a guy back there; didn't you see his face? He said I was hot."

"Yeah, unnie," Tzuyu smirked. "I saw the disgust on their faces."

"Aigo, Jeongyeon." Said Chaeyoung who's scrolling on her phone. "If you'll see your videos tomorrow, you'll be surprised. You won't be forgetting any of these, ever. I'm telling you."