Seventeen

Mine

⚠️Warning: 18+⚠️

He was speeding. Almost, the tip of the speed meter reaches one-hundred. But he doesn't give a fuss. He doesn't mind. The day had become too stressful and he wasn't in the mood. After all those sleepless nights, all those preparations, he'd only received a displeasing stare from his father? Not a smile. Not a nod. Not a simple thank you.

Jimin was appointed to do the opening introduction to welcome upcoming guests from around the globe. It was for the means of partnership with numerous large companies worldwide and it was highly anticipated by many. His father was expectant of it. He was hoping for more. But by the looks of it, he was rather... disappointed.

Jimin swears he had done everything in his might. He had pleased every one of his excellent job. But not him.

Not his father.

His phone rang—it's an incoming call.

He slid the green button and waited for the other line to answer.

"Jimin." The voice said, fixated. "Your father wishes for your presence."

Like a flicker of a heartbeat, he momentarily gazed away.

"I can't. I have some important things to do."

"But, sir." The other line went silent for a moment. "He is waiting for you. He only wanted a decent talk with his son."

What? Only to receive degrading compliments? Of how disappointed he was? Of how displeasing he is during the opening? Jimin wouldn't risk it. He was pressured... too pressured to step as an heir. As if the daylight shrouded away. He had heard enough and he deserve some peace and quiet. Just for the mean time.

He pursed his lips, struggling to come up with an answer.

"I'll deal with him tomorrow."

And ended the call.

He was welcomed by a booming sound and crowd noises, as if he was being pulled by a wild energy as he stepped out of his car. The lights wildly danced in thin air and the ambiance somewhat eased the heaviness on his shoulder.

Jimin sniffed a breath of air—a foolish grin escaped his thin lips.

"You came just in time!"

A man, older of him of three years, greeted him at the entrance. His gummy smile is one of his highlights. He patted his shoulder and excitedly pulled the younger one in.

"Of course, I'm a man of my words." Jimin said between his smiles. "And I wouldn't want to leave you here alone, with so much girls to see and alcohol to drink in one night."

Yoongi quirked a sly grin. "Woah. What's with the tone, buddy?"

Jimin only shrugged his shoulders and headed the counter in less than seconds.

"One vodka and whiskey, please."

They both occupied the first two stools and waited for their orders to come. Jimin gazed at him, with a look that can deceive—he smiled.

"How are you and Jihyo?" He asked, quite expectant that there is a change.

He remembers the last time they met, Yoongi opens about his marriage and how things are heading the wrong way. Jihyo and Yoongi, they've been in a rough spot lately. It's because of their work, most of the time, they would argue about the smallest things, like as well their time together, when one of them goes home late or even debate about unreplied messages.