Twenty-Six

Beauty and the Beast AU Part 2

Jeongyeon could hear the crisp hinges of the metal door as it shut closed behind her, pushed aside, she didn't even take a second to dust off her dress

Jeongyeon could hear the crisp hinges of the metal door as it shut closed behind her, pushed aside, she didn't even take a second to dust off her dress. She quickly heads towards the door, holding the bars tightly in her hands, peering from the clear sight.

"Don't hurt her! I beg you!"

She didn't know what to call... the beast... the monster—he was true to their agreement. He was true to his promise. He let Seungyeon go and as an exchange of her sister's position, she finally took hold as the prisoner of this rusting and cold dungeon cell. Jeongyeon could hear the echoes of her cries as she was dragged below the spiral stairs by the shadows—the monster's allies and how badly she could hope for her sister's freedom. She told her to never look back once she escaped this mad hell, but the same as hers, Seungyeon disagreed, saying it was a suicide and she won't let her take her place.

Jeongyeon had no other choice.

But Seungyeon promised she'll be back with the help from the village.

The young maiden silently closed her eyes for a moment and what it was believed a sound of despair, a tear fell from her pale cold cheeks. But she brushed it away before he could even spare a glance on her direction.

"You said you will do everything I desire."

His voice shudders underneath her skin, but Jeongyeon kept her head low, didn't return a simple nod or look at his hideous appearance, she was too engrossed by countless emotions.

Before she realized herself looking for him, she was greeted by pair of eyes, watching her from a distance. Then slowly, the paleness of his snow-like complexion thrived against the darkness and all she could see is the monstruous features of his striken-cold face, like it hadn't saw the sun for ages and didn't feel love for a decade. It was... of a frozen heart.

"Now, I ask for you to rot in the cell forever."

With that, a gush of wind circled the end of the tower and he was gone from her sight even before she could take another glance. But sure, she can hear the bold flaps of his wings from the window situated above her, fading as every second ticks by.

Jeongyeon scurried at the corner, squeeze herself in and hugged her knees together. Her eyes searched for light but the only source she had was the window that bores higher than expected. Hopelessness filled her mind and finally, after battling those current emotions, she let herself drown and for a moment, she laid her head low and tried to keep herself alive from the freezing temperature.

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

"Will you shut it?! You're going to scare her!"

"I would keep my mouth shut if you'd let me stay, but you—dragged me here? Pass these stairs?! Just to fetch that girl!"

"Calm yourself Yoongi. What if she's the one? The one that could break the spell!"