Seven

𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓭

Warning: Long chapter

Forty-three unread messages.

Twenty-seven missed calls.

Jeongyeon endlessly scrolled through her phone, disbelieving she slept through the night without even hearing a single ringtone or even feeling the vibrations from the device. She mentally slapped herself for not being able to wake up ahead of the scheduled time.

She stared at the wall clock, 10:18 o'clock a.m. it flashed.

Jeongyeon groaned under her breath and idly stood up after fixing the blankets on her bed. She should be dressed now with the baggage she prepared the other night. She should be with them right now, taking a trip to the place they had planned for almost a couple of weeks. She should be. But she was just a sleepy head or maybe, she's just irresponsible.

Her phone rang throughout the room and Jeongyeon skidded to answer the call.

Ms. Jokbal calling 🐱...

She slid the green button and neared the device to her ears.

"Ya! Finally, you answered!" A raging Momo said in the other line, obviously joyed and at the same time angered by her not answering any calls from them.

"Ara..." Jeongyeon answered softly, slightly disappointed of herself.

"We were worried about you for Pete's sake!" She continued, voices in the background can be heard.

"When you weren't replying to our messages and calls or for not even taking an initiative to reply online, we went to your apartment to see how you're doing, for, in fact, you weren't there also!"

The line became groggy and jiggly for some seconds and suddenly Nayeon's voice pops up.

"Where are you, Jeong?!"

Jeongyeon calmed herself and readied to explain her side of the story.

"I know. I'm at my sister's apartment right now." She almost said whispering. "I'm sorry I haven't updated you anything at all. We went for dinner last night and never expected to sleep here. Aigo~ so irresponsible."

Jeongyeon brushed her hair and massaged her temples, contemplating. It was as if, it's her fault to spoil the fun on the first day. If it weren't for her, they shouldn't be worrying and such and would just enjoy the next days of the outing. They had really planned this and it just went to the trash. For her, it is.

"Where are you right now?" Jeongyeon asked, expecting them to have traveled already.

"I—I don't know. I believe we're on the road right now." Nayeon answered unintentionally.

"Yeah. Obviously."

Jeongyeon snickered foolishly.

She was about to speak when she was cut off.

"Ya, Jin-oppa, do you know where we are right now? I don't seem to know this place quite well." The other line said.

"Ah... I see. Arasso. Kamsamnida." There's a pause. "Ne. Okay. Okay."

And they are laughing in the background. She could hear their familiar voices that she believes belongs to Dahyun, Sana, Mina, Taehyung and... and Yoongi? With those low voices and feminine tones, Jeongyeon knew Jin would make the travel funnier because of his famous dad jokes and with Taehyung around, it is sure would make the travel chaotic.