Fourteen

𝓢𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾

157 days.

He still remembers it vividly—of what he had felt at that time... of how afraid he is.

He had been roaming around for almost months now, without any food or knowledge of this certain place. No friends. No known allies. He was different from them. He can't even use magic; it was ripped from him—he was banned from using it.

They aren't ordinary living creatures. They are far more progressed than humans. They are born with innate powers out of this world, and they live in the outskirts of the universe. In his home, they are believed to despise humans. Of how small-minded, selfish, greedy they are, causing chaos everywhere they go.

He was banished from his home for a sin he can't understand—helping someone that isn't from their bloodlines. They say he had broken a rule and it was treason.

Then he was punished. And was placed to exile.

Sent to another planet—Earth as it is called.

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

It was no ordinary place. Almost at every corner, gigantic structures stood tall. The streets are busy and the air smelt of smoke. The people seemed not to bother each other, occupied with their own intentions.

Jimin walked freely, paying observation to everything he passes.

He was not only banished on Earth, perhaps, he is given something more. He is ought to stay here until the 200th day. More than six months. Jimin can endure it, he only has a few weeks left but the funny thing is, time works differently.

He will stay for months but at his home, he'll be gone for years. Time runs slower on Earth.

That's not all, he was given the ability to see when the person dies. At the wrist of every person he meets, an image... a tattoo will appear that is shaped like a bar. It counted three. The only indication he sees that death is coming to that certain person, is when there's only one bar left.

 The only indication he sees that death is coming to that certain person, is when there's only one bar left

It sounds unrealistic and impossible but it is what is given to him—a tremendous punishment. Jimin had seen people died in his very eyes. He had seen every bar disappear a numerous time. And death will follow.

The thing is, he couldn't help them. Helping someone to escape death is another sin, once he does, there's no point of returning home.

That is why it's a tremendous punishment. He pretends not to see anything even though he knew what will happen next. And it is painful and mentally challenging to know someone will be dying at that same day and same time. With them being clueless.

It's his punishment.

Jimin paused in front of a fruit stall, the glimmering red apples caught his attention. He was planning to pocket one or two but before he can move his fingers, the seller came busting in.