Twelve

𝓜𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷

His face...

Everywhere she goes, the image of his face would circle her mind in every way she can't decipher. It was staining through the spaces in her head, deepening through its roots. Like a light in an abyss. It was clear.

The creases on his forehead. The white hairs that began to grow. The way his lips smirked. And how his eyes are painted in utter victory—all was a disgrace. She loathes him to the core. The burning in her veins reminds her what she has to do. It kept her in her own pace.

All these years, she was blinded by a hideous lie. Her father died years ago, believing his death was caused by an accident... a vehicular accident. Jeongyeon believed it. She mourns for so long she promised herself she will live a life for his father. She was devastated... broken-hearted.

Jeongyeon wished to the stars, it should be her, the one that died in the accident. It has supposed to be her. Not her beloved father. He does not deserve any of this. If only she could switch places, she had done it years ago. If only.

Her birthday came, before she turns twenty-three, a news was delivered to her.

It changed her life forever.

It was not the severity of the accident that killed her father. He was murdered in his house at the middle of the night. Business matters. They covered the truth with lies to hide the imperfections. Jeongyeon was furious—even her own mother, who she truly trusts, lied. She said it's for her why she had done it. She didn't want to hurt her daughter and it was his father's last favor to not tell anything to anyone about this matter.

It was too late.

Jeongyeon found out herself.

She cried every night in pain and agony. Of how the world had lied to her, had made her see a different perspective, for in fact, it wasn't the truth. Her father doesn't deserve any of this. He is a great man. She mourned again, cried... until she can't shred anymore tears.

That day onwards, she promised to herself, that whoever killed his father will expect the same fate he had.

An eye for an eye.

Death.

..•.•.♦♥♦.•.•..

"Focus!"

Taehyung growled; his low voice echoed throughout the corners. The ceilings were made of metal, various weapons were stationed in every chamber, large and sharp and deadly. The room was located feel below the surface, hidden, even an elevator is used for transportation.

Jeongyeon's vision blurred for a second. She blinked her eyes for a time and calmed her breathing. She can feel her surrounding spiraled but she kept her stepping and balance stern.

A dagger in her left hand, she swiftly counterattacked towards her direction, where her opponent was. She missed. She swung once again and missed for the second time.

"Is that all you've got?" Taehyung challenged.

His dark hair was soaked with sweat. His height towers over her and his face seems to show worry, but it was changed into a blank expression within seconds. He cleared his throat and watched her under the lights.

Taehyung stopped. A sweat dropped on the side of his cheeks.

"You have to rest. You can't go any further." His jaw tightened. "We'll resume the training tomorrow."

He was about to turned around and leave—

"I-I can handle it."

Her voice came, soft and exhausted. Jeongyeon stood there, watching his back slowly disappear. She grasped both of her hands, fighting the feeling of nausea and keeping her vision intact.