(Chapter 17) The Imposter ?

It has been now a couple of months since Takeo had joined the Demon Slayer Corp.
Takeo had been doing many missions and he gave his all completing all of them successfully.
Little by little by gaining experience and knowledge Takeo got up on rank.
He was now on Kanoto rank.
But even though Takeo was having a rapid growth he only took part on low missions commonly even more easy than that on the first mission.
He knew that even those weak demon could pose a great threat to the innocent people so as long as he killed them nothing could go wrong.

After all saving the people was his priority.
But on the boy head something was annoying.
"There are many powerful demons outside and they are killing countless of people.
Going on the same missions will send me nowhere!
I need to fight stronger foes in order to get stronger and to do more good for the humanity!"

The boy wanted to get stronger and stronger in order to reach his goals.
That is when his reckless nature showed up something that even Shinjuro warned him about.

"Going from 0 to 100 isn't something you do just with one big jump.
You need to walk on the long stairs instead!
Each of those stairs and each of those steps you make carry a heavy liability!
Nothing is easy nothing is granted freely to you,
they only can be won by the hard work and achieved from success!

You are young and those words does not carry anything great for you now,
but someday you will completely understand these words!"

Takeo wanted to get stronger and nothing could block his way.
His crow heard the boy and started yell at him.
" *craw* You really are a young brat after all!"

The crow sat on Takeo's head.
"If you really have that deep desire to become stronger you should join a team mission *craw*"

Takeo became curious.
"Team mission?"

"That is right idiot *craw*!
By now you only have done solo missions!"

"That is right but for what a team mission will help me?"

The crow became angry and started to peck Takeo.
" *craw
You really are dumb aren't ya!
Team mission help you to gain knowledge and wisdom by watching and helping others.
You can watch you and fight along your seniors and in this way you can become stronger!"

In that moment Takeo looked at his crow with sparkling eyes.
"Please let me join an team mission!"

" *craw* Fool!"

The crow accepted Takeo's wish and sent him on a team meeting in a village near.
Takeo went to the place were the meeting was taking place and there were some other Demon Slayers!
The others watched Takeo and welcomed him with warm smiles.
They opened him a place to sit and approached him.
"You seem new here!
You are a rookie aren't you!"

Takeo smiled.
"Yeah!
I joined the Demon Slayer Corp few months ago."

Takeo continued to talk with them and he was happy by their kindness towards him.
Later on someone appeared in front of them and all stayed silent.
He was tall and his face was covered in scars but they weren't enough to cover his kind smile.
"Welcome back all my friends!
I am very glad all of you are okay!
I see that today some new members have joined so i should introduce myself!
My name is Daisuke Mizuno.
Rank: Kinoto!
And I will be your captain for our upcoming mission!"

All the members greeted him with pleasure and the mission was ready to begin.
The members followed Daisuke.
He was a kind and cheerful guy who knew how to stick with everyone gaining all their trust!
He knew how to lead his team and his decision were never doubted by anyone.
Takeo was amazed by him.
He watched him with admiration, he watched him as a idol.
The young boy wished that he would be like him in the future!
Takeo supported his team all the night and fighted alongside them.
Watching his seniors Takeo was improving himself too.
One day were all the members were sleeping after a long tiring night.
Takeo was trying to sleep too but he had nightmares.
He was hearing whispers on his head.
"Kill or be killed.......!