(Chapter 19) The Head Of The Demon Slayer Corp

The Head of The Demon Slayer Corp was appearing.
Takeo awaited this moment for a long time but unfortunately not in this way.
He couldn't hold back his curiosity and he used the little amount of strength to raise his head.
"Hello my beloved children!"

A young and quiet voice was heard and Takeo was shocked to see The Leader.
He always imagined The Leader to be an old wise man who didn't spoke too much.
That is why he never thought that a younger man could be instead.

But shockingly enough was that a young boy that could be close to his age was standing in front of him.

Kagaya Ubuyashiki the 97th leader of the Demon Slayer Corp stood in front of Takeo.

He looked at Takeo while smiling and he was calm even thought he knew what had happened.
He then looked at the Pillars.
"Thanks for coming in!
Although it seems that someone is missing today!"

The Eagle Pillar spoke.
"We apologise for his absence Oyakata-sama!"

He looked at Takeo.
"He may be busy considering the things that are happening nowadays in the Corp."

Kagaya listened to him.
"You dont have to apologize!
Tadao carries heavy duties upon his shoulders!"

He was looking sad but tried to hide it.
"I am certain that he is giving his best."

There were few seconds of silence and Kagaya changed the topic looking at Takeo.
"As much as you are informed one of our comrade had broke the rules of the Corp last night!
Causing the death of another man within the Corp.
The information said that Takeo Fujimura had killed Daisuke Mizuno yesterday."

The Pillars spoke with their heads down.
"We know Oyakata sama!"

Kagaya continued to speak.
"Today I gathered you to reveal the truth about all this.
Takeo Fujimura will tell us what happened and thus we will judge this for the best!"

Kagaya looked at Takeo and understood his condition.
Without speaking any word he moved his hand and The Eagle Pillar instantly approached Takeo and cut the ropes on him setting him free.
A Kakushi with a pot of water approached Takeo and helped him to drink it.
"I understand that you may have broken the rules but you are still a human the same as us.
Seeing your condition I can certainly see what your comrades did.
People tend to act harsh looking for revenge,
But that is one of the human sides.
Creating bonds and close relationships is what gives us reasons to fight for.
To protect them even in the last breath.
But we are only humans after all.
We fight for our tomorrow even though we don't know what awaits us there.
We ignore the bad things,
we hate them,
we hope bad things never happen but there are some unavoidable things.
That is why we don't know how to act when they happen.
Those weak moments where we all are led by pure emotions.
Evil and Good!"

The words of Kagaya were running through Takeo's mind.
It was like Kagaya was speaking from his own experiences.
Kagaya sounded to Takeo like Ruka or his own Father.
That was the moment were Takeo realized that the age gap between them may be small but between their minds,thoughts,wills was huge.