(Special Chapter) Suminagashi Group

This special chapter is all about Tadao and his dear friends.
The events that happen here are years before the main storyline.

...

Tadao was already unable to move as the other man had beat him up.
The pain was immeasurable, but he felt relieved that Hanae was safe, at least.

"What are you doing to an innocent child? You trash!"

Suddenly, the voice af a grown man who seemed quite angry was heard, and he then appeared in front of them.
Shinjuro Rengoku stood before them looking pissed off while Hanae was behind him, holding on his hand.
Tadao looked at them and rejoiced now that someone came to rescue them, and after that, he fainted.

Shinjuro beat them up in an instant and took care of the three kids.
They were sent in their orphanage, and Tadao was treated.
Hanae stood near him and helped him recover, feeling sorry for her friend.
Shinjuro grew fond of the two of them and visited them once a week.
He told them many stories and took them to the city many times, and this was when they heard about the Demon Slayer Corps for the first time.
Seeing the passion in Shinjuro's eyes, Hanae felt that in order to become stronger and protect her friends, she should join the Corps.
Tadao was doubtful as he was well aware of what the life of Demon Slayer offers, but seeing the enthusiasm in Hanae's eyes, he couldn't say no.
After all, this was the first time he saw her desiring something that much, and he chose to join in her journey.
They immediately went to Shinjuro to request his guidance, and he didn't accept immediately, but after seeing that both of them had made their minds, he chose not to be someone who stooped them.

And this was the start of their journey.
Shinjuro trained them and chose respective breath styles that would fit them.
And soon enough, he noticed their potential.
Hanae had great potential as she grew stronger quickly while working fiercely day and night.
She was someone who could surpass even the likes of Shinjuro himself, who was considered the best of his generation.
Meanwhile, Tadao was quite the opposite he had no talent and lacked concentration while training.
It was visible to Shinjuro that this boy wasn't meant to be a Demon Slayer, but one thing that Tadao was good at was fighting against the odds.
Even though he was completely weak, he chose to put effort into his training in order to keep up with Hanae.
He was powerful in his own way.
Tadao's power didn't lie in his strength but in his willpower.

After two years of hard training when they were 15 years old, they entered the Final Selection, where they met Naoko .
They passed it together with no difficulty, and while finding many things in common, soon enough, they were best friends.
From that point on, they worked hard to be of help.
While Tadao struggled to complete even one mission, Hanae managed to get her name known within the Corps immediately.
In just one month, she proved to be an exceptional swordsman managing to kill a Lower Moon demon by herself.
An achievement that none could have managed to do, and this made Masashi Ubuyashiki (Kagaya's Father) incredibly happy.
Hanae found herself among the greatest Demon Slayers, The Hashiras, and one of them being Shinjuro himself, who was more than proud of her.
She was now The Flower Hashira.
Everyone awaited the news happily.
Tadao was glad for her achievement, but somewhere deep, he felt sad.

The day after she was appointed as a Hashira, Hanae went to meet Tadao, who was sitting beside a tree.
"You should sleep more, Tadao.
We never know what the night will present us."

Tadao looked at her while smiling.
" A Hashira concerned about me?
I feel more than relieved. "

Hanae chuckled. "Of course I'm concerned about you, dummy.
I order to protect these good times we share, I chose to be strong. "