(Chapter 18) The Pillars

The sun has just risen and the night was gone now.
All the Demon Slayers now had the chance to take a break after the tiring missions they were assigned.
But for some it wasn't time for a break.
Something terrible happened at night.
The words that one Demon Slayer killed his comrade spread faster than it thought.

Everyone who heard that was shocked.
They thought that the demons were the only threat for them, but now they need to watch out even their comrades for a possible imposter among them.
But unfortunately for now all the attention was at one boy.
Everyone was talking about him.
Everyone called him
"Takeo The Imposter!"

At Demon Slayer Headquarter...
Some of the Specialized Kakushi were carrying a boy on their shoulders.
That boy was Takeo who was unconscious.
They arrived and the Headquarters yard and threw him on the ground.
Suddenly Takeo woke up and saw the place he was.
It took him a few seconds to realise what was happening and then he tried to get up.
All his body was screaming in pain and he didn't have the strength to get up.
As if it wasn't only that he was all roped up.
The boy tried to free himself and soon he was tired.

"Please!
Please release me!
I didn't do anything!"

The night before...
Everyone was looking at Takeo as if they were looking at a garbage.

The shock caught Takeo and he froze up.
The dead body of Daisuke was standing in front of him.
Takeo could feel the massive rage of everyone toward him in that cave.
Suddenly someone pushed him away from Daisuke and Takeo collapsed on the ground.

The members aproched Daisuke and when they looked at his dead body they couldn't handle themselves anymore.
They turned their eyes on Takeo and slowly approached him with rage.

Takeo was only filled up with fear and crawled few steps back.
He was trying to speak but even thought he knew he was innocent he couldn't handle the fear.
He was trying to speak but words didnt came out of his mouth as he only muttered.

"I... I-I dddin't kkkill him!
I-I sssswear!"

The members approached him.
"Shut up you bastard!
You were the only one up there with him.

Someone saw that one of Daisuke's hands was cutted of.

"We should look at his sword."

They forcefully unsheathed Takeo's sword and they were shocked when they saw it covered in blood.
They screamed in rage and that evidence was enough for them to truly believe that Takeo was trying to kill Daisuke.
"You gonna pay for this!
YOU BASTARD!
MURDERER!"

Takeo's eyes were filled with tears as he was seeing all of them charging at him.
There was no one who could stop them.
No one who could help the desperate boy!
He could not do anything as he only muttered some words before falling unconscious for the amount of beating he was getting.
"Aaaniki!!!"

At the Headquarter...
Takeo was laying on the ground waiting for someone to appear and finally free him.
Suddenly Takeo noticed a big shadow standing above him.

He then heard a big screeching and he felt sharp claws on his back.
He was surprised to see a big golden eagle on his back watching him curiously.

A Kakushi appeared and he was about to say something.

"The Pillars are here!"

The Kakushi ran away and Takeo could feel that now he was no longer alone and then a voice came.
"Namu Amida Butsu!"

The Stone Pillar"As soon as I heard the news I came here immediately!"

The Stone Pillar
"As soon as I heard the news I came here immediately!"

Takeo was shocked when he saw the Pillar.
He was bigger than a ordinary human and his presence could be felt all over the place.
(So this is the Elite of The Demon Slayer Corp!)

Suddenly the eagle started to peck on Takeo's head.
"Don't you dare look up at us!
You have no right to even move an inch in front of us!"

"Don't you dare look up at us!You have no right to even move an inch in front of us!"

The Eagle Pillar
"Haru come here!"

The eagle flew and landed in the Pillar's shoulder.

The Pillar gave Takeo a cold stare as he stayed quiet.

"May his soul rest in peace!
I can't still accept what happened to Daisuke."
The Stone Pillar spoke as he couldn't hold back his tears.
"Can you explain why did you commit such crime against your own comrade?"

"There is no explanation to be left!
Only punishment awaits those who betray The Demon Slayer Corp."

The Eagle Pillar was angry and Takeo could feel that easily.
The Eagle Pillar looked at the other Pillar.

"Where is he?
Does he have the slightest idea what his indifference causes!?"

The Stone Pillar answered.
"Don't blame him.
I am certainly sure that he is on top of his duty."

Takeo was still on the ground not knowing what to do now he was too tired that even speaking was difficult for him.
He was looking at the Pillars and he could feel their immense power.
Those Pillars are the ones who could battles against the strongest demons with ease and can save many lives night by night.
They are the Highest there.

"Please!
I did nothing!"

The eagle landed with great strength on Takeo's hurting him way too much and The Eagle Pillar replied.
"I said do not speak!
I you do that again I can only promise immense pain for yo..."

He didn't finish his word because someone appeared and he instantly stayed quiet and both the Pillars bowed in front of him.
Both of them spoke simultaneously.
"WELCOME OYAKATA-SAMA!"

The head of the Demon Slayer Corp is finally showing up.
Takeo now will meet his fate...
Everyone seems to be against him.
The first meeting for him with the Pillars was not imagined like this for Takeo.

Taisho Secrets & Rumors:
As the last child Takeo used to be a spoiled kid.
He got whatever he wanted to have and that is why he finds it hard to stay by himself.
His parents always helped him for anything and that is why Takeo finds it hard to make decisions by himself.
He struggles to make hard decisions and the only way to escape them is to think the way his parents or brother would think.
That is why in Takeo's mind stays the question "What would my Parent/Brother do if they was here?"